Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I’m going to have to change my NIC, but otherwise does this build work with Catalina?

I think I've tried every version of macOS from El Capitan to Big Sur and they all work.

Excellent, that’s great news. Is there a reason you ultimately chose the Gigabyte card over the Intel NIC? Did the Intel one lose compatibility?

Excellent, that’s great news. Is there a reason you ultimately chose the Gigabyte card over the Intel NIC? Did the Intel one lose compatibility?

At the time, AQC107 based cards worked and that's what I bought.

I don't know if Intel 10GBase-T cards work. I never looked in to it.

Yes, Bluetooth is working.
Here is the error I get when I use 6.6 or 6.7 during boot USB seems to work but the BT that is plugged into the header does not seem to be working though IO sees it and so does system profile.

IMG_0239.jpg.jpeg

Here is the error I get when I use 6.6 or 6.7 during boot USB seems to work but the BT that is plugged into the header does not seem to be working though IO sees it and so does system profile.

View attachment 511088

Weird... I've never seen that happen...

There is no longer a need to use macOS 10.13.3 to flash these AQC107 based cards. That was only true during the very early days when these cards first started hitting the market.

They should work OOTB up to Catalina. A patch in config.plist is required for them to work in Big Sur.

Native. Never had to emulate NVRAM on Z370.
Thanks. I'm going to try this on my Z370 GA7 with Mojave.
D'oh! After clear the NVRAM when loading OC and selecting my Mojave SSD system that was cloned from the Z390 system. I keep getting the message:

OCSB: No suitable signature - Security Violation
OCB: Apple Secure Boot prohibits this boot entry, enforcing!
OCB: LoadImage failed - Security Violation

Do I need to delete a key on the SSD, or is this something in the EFI?

Last edited:
Back