Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

out of topic ... where live you ? I have 42C ambient ... on winter 28C ... now is all like water ...

NYC. It's about 30C outside, but I have my air conditioner on all the time.

I didn't because based on the teardown, it appears that the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth is not on a card, but what does that have to do with anything being discussed in this thread?

Its tangential - there is no 'mechanism' on TMX86 for direct communication. And, knowing how you like to use as many OOB (Out of the box, for those unfamiliar with the term) items as possible, it seemed a logical extension of your build ethos.

Until... You sent me that tear down with the USI 339S00428 . Be a while before we see one of those Frankensteined onto an NGFF :)

Anyway, I'll stop derailing.

Thanks for you clarity of thought on your build, its helped me a lot.

ig-platform-id 59120000 was used in previous releases for UHD630. I replicated it with the EFI I sent you.

Yes. I saw that the serial, board serial, and UUID were empty and I filled them.

Private communications is frowned upon by the forum. It is preferred to keep communications public so that others can learn form the information posted.

I have made a few changes as per the guide. Please try this one.

Just tried it. Unfortunately, no progress compared to the last version.

Using my working EFI I get all the correct info, the new one doesn't know the name of the display and thinks it is 61inch. (see images)

EDIT:
Does this not mean that it will not work until I install Mojave/High Sierra(17G2112)?

Source: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-framebuffer-patching-for-mojave.256490/

Attachments

• new EFI.png
    new EFI.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 102
  • working EFI.png
    working EFI.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 113
Last edited by a moderator:
Its tangential - there is no 'mechanism' on TMX86 for direct communication. And, knowing how you like to use as many OOB (Out of the box, for those unfamiliar with the term) items as possible, it seemed a logical extension of your build ethos.

Until... You sent me that tear down with the USI 339S00428 . Be a while before we see one of those Frankensteined onto an NGFF :)

Anyway, I'll stop derailing.

Thanks for you clarity of thought on your build, its helped me a lot.

The same chipset is also soldered to the main logic board of the iMac Pros. I don't know if anyone else uses that chipset for Wi-Fi/Bluetooth yet.

Just tried it. Unfortunately, no progress compared to the last version.

Using my working EFI I get all the correct info, the new one doesn't know the name of the display and thinks it is 61inch. (see images)

EDIT:
Does this not mean that it will not work until I install Mojave/High Sierra(17G2112)?

Source: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-framebuffer-patching-for-mojave.256490/

I don't know what else to try.

The quote you posted is talking about using 3E91 or 3E92 ig-platform-id.

I don't know what else to try.

The quote you posted is talking about using 3E91 or 3E92 ig-platform-id.

"Please note that the new WhateverGreen will not work with fake Kaby Lake platform-id's".
We are using Kaby Lake id's are we not?
So it's saying that we can't use those, and will have to upgrade to Mojave/that special HS build to use the new WhateverGreen.

Or am I understanding it incorrectly?

What id did you use in unified 4.1? A proper Coffee Lake id?
Then we tried the original fake Kaby Lake id (which won't work according to that statement)

I am guessing (hoping) that unified 4.1 will work when I finally go to Mojave. It is only in HS that is causing a problem.
Is there anyone out there running just iGPU on High Sierra using unified EFI 4.1?

Thanks a lot for your help so far pastrychef! (and the fantastic guide)

When I get a moment I'll try a separate install of Mojave and see if it works with 4.1 :)

"Please note that the new WhateverGreen will not work with fake Kaby Lake platform-id's".
We are using Kaby Lake id's are we not?
So it's saying that we can't use those, and will have to upgrade to Mojave/that special HS build to use the new WhateverGreen.

Or am I understanding it incorrectly?

What id did you use in unified 4.1? A proper Coffee Lake id?
Then we tried the original fake Kaby Lake id (which won't work according to that statement)

I am guessing (hoping) that unified 4.1 will work when I finally go to Mojave. It is only in HS that is causing a problem.
Is there anyone out there running just iGPU on High Sierra using unified EFI 4.1?

Thanks a lot for your help so far pastrychef! (and the fantastic guide)

When I get a moment I'll try a separate install of Mojave and see if it works with 4.1 :)

Hmm... You might be on to something. Do you want to update to 17G2112?

Hey @pastrychef - fellow NYC resident here. Are you still recommending the BCM94360CS2 as detailed in post #40?

I’m using an asrock z370 fata1ty m/itx board with the same m.2 wifi slot also with the two antennas. My only PCIe slot is occupied by my GPU so using the m.2 slot works out really nicely for my setup.

Before I order the parts I wanted to double check to see if this was still the recommended option or whether you would recommend a newer card with BT 4.1 or 4.2 that can be installed in that same m.2 slot?

Many thanks!

Hmm... You might be on to something. Do you want to update to 17G2112?

So can I just download that build, install it and carry on as normal? It will install as an update right, not a fresh install?

Or maybe I just wait until a new build is out as that will then support it.

Back