Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

notable differences between the two versions? i have downloaded 17g2112. what should I look or compare?
It has support for the new MacBook pros. I believe it also has a new kext “AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer” that natively supports the uhd 630

Hey @pastrychef - fellow NYC resident here. Are you still recommending the BCM94360CS2 as detailed in post #40?

I’m using an asrock z370 fata1ty m/itx board with the same m.2 wifi slot also with the two antennas. My only PCIe slot is occupied by my GPU so using the m.2 slot works out really nicely for my setup.

Before I order the parts I wanted to double check to see if this was still the recommended option or whether you would recommend a newer card with BT 4.1 or 4.2 that can be installed in that same m.2 slot?

Many thanks!

Yes, I think using BCM94360CS2 with M.2 adaptor is the cleanest solution and it doesn't require any additional kexts and/or patches.

Yes, this card is only Bluetooth 4.0, but I haven't seen any limitations in my usage.

If you really want Bluetooth 4.1, I tried out the Dell DW1830 briefly and it worked but some people reported slow Wi-Fi after sleep and using this card requires additional kexts.

So can I just download that build, install it and carry on as normal? It will install as an update right, not a fresh install?

Or maybe I just wait until a new build is out as that will then support it.

Yes, it will be installed as an update.

notable differences between the two versions? i have downloaded 17g2112. what should I look or compare?

If you are using 17G2112, you can use Coffee Lake ig-platform-id.

after hours of tests I can say this build ,17G2112, is better than 17G65... boot very fast , benchmarks is up values ... i dont have more time for this, but need more test ... here any example...
before....( 17G65 )
Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 01.09.50.png

after ( 17G2112 )

Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 01.27.26.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 02.23.46.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    33.5 MB · Views: 281
Hi Pastrychef,
I finally had time to go over just about every message on this thread... good read :) Shows that if I read everything, I wouldn't of ask my last question about the EFI transfer from USB to Boot disk... but anyway....
I haven't updated my profile so here's what I have...
ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming
CPU = 8700K
16G memory
80G SSD
Onboard graphics (for now) using HDMI
BenQ 27 inch 2K Photographer Monitor (SW2700PT)

I do a lot of photography editing and started to edit video using FCP (on my iMac 2011) and I need an upgrade so here it is. After all the reading, I believe I'm looking at a
Sapphire 11265-05-20G Radeon PULSE RX 580 8GB GDDR5 DUAL HDMI / DVI-D / DUAL DP OC with Backplate (UEFI) PCI-E Graphics Card Graphic Cards
What do you think? A less hassle free install and less issues to deal with compared to a nVidia card (1070).. stability wise/overall.
Mucho thx

Hi Pastrychef,
I finally had time to go over just about every message on this thread... good read :) Shows that if I read everything, I wouldn't of ask my last question about the EFI transfer from USB to Boot disk... but anyway....
I haven't updated my profile so here's what I have...
ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming
CPU = 8700K
16G mem
80G SSD
Onboard graphics (for now) using HDMI
BenQ 27 inch 2K Photographer Monitor (SW2700PT)

I do a lot of photography editing and started to edit video using FCP (on my iMac 2011) and I need an upgrade so here it is. After all the reading, I believe I'm looking at a
Sapphire 11265-05-20G Radeon PULSE RX 580 8GB GDDR5 DUAL HDMI / DVI-D / DUAL DP OC with Backplate (UEFI) PCI-E Graphics Card Graphic Cards
What do you think? A less hassle free install and less issues to deal with compared to a nVidia card (1070).. stability wise/overall.
Mucho thx

Yes, in my opinion, AMD video cards make much more sense than Nvidia cards now.

Yes, the Sapphire RX 580 Pulse should prove to be trouble-free. I have one installed in a build I did for a friend.

Back