Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I have started to see this on boot

"gAppleKeyMapDatabaseProtocolGuid is unavailable 14
AmiShim installation failed 14"

It doesn't seem to affect anything, any ideas?

Also, I have noticed that I do not have audio after I wake. Seems to work if I use one of the "line out"s but not when I use the "internal speakers" output.

The gAppleKeyMapDatabaseProtocolGuid may be caused by AsAmShim.efi. It is located in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/. If you do not use FileVault, you can delete this file.

Do you have the latest AppleALC.kext installed? With the latest AppleALC.kext, you can delete CodecCommander.kext. It included the audio after wake fixes.

How do you wakeup your computer from sleep @pastrychef , with the power button or by pressing a key on the keyboard/mouse? Also, I noticed you use the same AQC107 card as me, only mine being the Asus branded "ROG AREION 10G", do you have both the i219 and AQC107 or just the AQC107 enabled?

Also I noticed you don't use any SSDT for USBX and USB power management for XHCI?

I just press a key on the keyboard or click the mouse once to wake. I never use the power button to wake.

I switched to using an Intel X540-T2 card for 10GBase-T when macOS 10.13.4 update broke AQC107 and before Meize released the patch to fix it. But I never disabled the i219 at any point.

I just use SSDT-USB.aml and uia_exclude= reduced port count to 15 and have been using since day one with this motherboard. Sleep/wake has been working great since day one. It's much better than my previous Z170 build where I did have to fiddle with Darkwake settings after a few of the macOS updates.

I suspect that having Wi-Fi/Bluetooth included makes a difference. I had a PCI-e adaptor with an Apple Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card in my previous build. While it worked, it never worked as well as it does on this motherboard. For example, on initial boot, my Magic Mouse took longer to become active with the PCI-e adaptor while having the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card in the M.2 slot it is active before even the screen wakes.

Still no luck. Tried switching on RadeonDeInit as suggested by this guide, but no change. Going to try resetting the BIOS and starting from scratch… though I thought I just did that this morning.

:think:

Any progress?

The gAppleKeyMapDatabaseProtocolGuid may be caused by AsAmShim.efi. It is located in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/. If you do not use FileVault, you can delete this file.

Do you have the latest AppleALC.kext installed? With the latest AppleALC.kext, you can delete CodecCommander.kext. It included the audio after wake fixes.

I did have the latest AppleALC installed, yes. I didn't have CodecCommander either. Will try removing AsAmShim.efi, I already tried updating that file in case there was a new one, but that didn't fix it.

I did have the latest AppleALC installed, yes. I didn't have CodecCommander either. Will try removing AsAmShim.efi, I already tried updating that file in case there was a new one, but that didn't fix it.

Hmm... That's strange... I use the "Internal Speakers" output everyday without any problems and my computer sleeps/wakes dozens of times a day.

Hmm... That's strange... I use the "Internal Speakers" output everyday without any problems and my computer sleeps/wakes dozens of times a day.

I am having the same issue -- no audio after sleep. I downloaded and use your "EFI for Intel UHD630" but I believe it was v3.1. I'll try 3.2 this evening.

BTW, I sometimes get screen flicker when I watch Netflix in full screen mode, but I have not had time to troubleshoot it.

So far everything else seems to work. This is my first hackintosh build so my experience level is low. Thanks for all the great info!

I've replaced it with the newest version anyway, see if that helps.

My replacement m.2 wifi adapter didn't help at all, so now I'm waiting for a new wifi card... hopefully that fixes it.

I am having the same issue -- no audio after sleep. I downloaded and use your "EFI for Intel UHD630" but I believe it was v3.1. I'll try 3.2 this evening.

BTW, I sometimes get screen flicker when I watch Netflix in full screen mode, but I have not had time to troubleshoot it.

So far everything else seems to work. This is my first hackintosh build so my experience level is low. Thanks for all the great info!

To be honest, I haven't used the UHD630 enough to know about issues with UHD630. My testing was limited to going through the installation process and having it boot correctly and using it for about 15 minutes. It's just too much of a hassle to constantly pull out the video card...

If you continue to experience the issue, let me know and I'll try to dig around for a fix.

I still have to press the keyboard once to wakeup system, then another time to wakeup monitor. Do you have any ideas what I could look into?
Still suspect this is ACPI related... You could start a thread in the DSDT forum, in Clover press F2 to save the preboot.log, F4 to extract the origin tables, and post your EFI folder + a copy of IO reg.

Mine is also a UHD630 build, until I can get a good deal on an rx580.

Until a fix can be found I find that using one of the “line out” outputs rather than “internal speakers” solves the problem.

Back