Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte AORUS Z270X Gaming 5
CPU
I7-7700K
Graphics
Intel HD630 2048MB
Hello, everyone! Sorry for my English, im not a native speaker.

Got some troubles with my new hackintosh. The problem:
I can reboot my PC by shutting it down and then switch it on, but every reboot action (that may be button 'restart' in UI or system reboot while updating) causes kernel panic before graphics initialization.

I use CLOVER r5138.
Kexts:
1625809375720.png

Attached my config.plist.
Maybe someone has any ideas about it. Thanks :)

Attachments

• config.plist
    12.7 KB · Views: 35
Remove SMCLightSensor.kext as that is only meant to be used with a Laptop. It is known to cause kernel panics if the system doesn't contain a light sensor, which will be the case with your desktop system.

You might want to try adding IntelMausi.kext to your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder if you want the second (Intel) Ethernet port on your motherboard to work along side the Atheros Killer port.

You might need to add XHCI-unsupported.kext to better support your Intel USB controller.

Your config.plist is a mess and doesn't really reflect the requirements for booting a Kaby Lake system.

I have attached a generic config.plist for a Kaby Lake system. It needs the SMBIOS to be regenerated for a new Serial Number, Board Serial Number, SmUUID and the ROM and MLB reset.

You didn't say which version of macOS you were running, so it contains USB port Limit patches for High Sierra 10.13.6, Mojave and Catalina.

Compare this config.plist to your own and you will see why I said your config.plist was a mess.

Attachments

• config-Kaby-Lake.plist.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 37
I have attached a generic config.plist for a Kaby Lake system. It needs the SMBIOS to be regenerated for a new Serial Number, Board Serial Number, SmUUID and the ROM and MLB reset.

You didn't say which version of macOS you were running, so it contains USB port Limit patches for High Sierra 10.13.6, Mojave and Catalina.

Compare this config.plist to your own and you will see why I said your config.plist was a mess.
Oh, Edhawk, you are the real legend here. Saw your posts at tonymacx86 while preparing to build a hack.
Thanks for your answer, im gonna try your config right now and write back!

Did some work on config.plist that you sent me.
Attached the updated config.plist.

Key changes:
- Removed ACPI patch `change H_EC to EC` - this patch with my hardware causes an error `ACPI: AE_ALREADY_EXISTS` and panic
- Add patches and properties for iGPU HD630

Now there is not so much trace while booting, but the same error. (Photo of the screen attached).
The last line of the trace is really the last and there is only error logo after that.

Just realized that my CLOVER is 5119 rev.
One more detail: I connected to iGPU with Display Port cable.

MacOS 10.14.6 Mojave

Attachments

• config.plist
    10 KB · Views: 35
  • E9dVvk-32vU.jpg
    E9dVvk-32vU.jpg
    670.1 KB · Views: 31
Post a copy of your Whole CLOVER folder.

Can you include a copy of your ACPI tables. As they can provide specific information that helps the Hack boot macOS.

To obtain a copy of the ACPI Tables from your system when using Clover, do the following:
  1. The ACPI Tables can be obtained by pressing the 'F4' key while on the Clover Boot Screen.
  2. The tables are saved in the background, with no evidence that anything is happening.
  3. So just leave the system for around 30 seconds before doing anything such as booting the system.
  4. The ACPI tables will be written to the /CLOVER/ACPI/origin folder on the USB or your macOS drive, whichever you are using to boot the system.
  5. Provide a compressed copy of your /CLOVER/ACPI/origin folder.
For the record the config.plist I provided contains the Framebuffer Properties for your HD 630 IGPU. Just not in the place you are looking. I assume you have added them to the Graphics section of the config.plist. This is not required or wanted when using WhateverGreen.kext. The IGPU framebuffer properties are added to the config.plist via the Devices > Properties section, as shown in the screenshot below.

Screenshot 2021-07-09 at 17.35.33.png

Screenshot 2021-07-09 at 17.38.07.png

Did some work on config.plist that you sent me.
Attached the updated config.plist.

Key changes:
- Removed ACPI patch `change H_EC to EC` - this patch with my hardware causes an error `ACPI: AE_ALREADY_EXISTS` and panic
- Add patches and properties for iGPU HD630

Now there is not so much trace while booting, but the same error. (Photo of the screen attached).
The last line of the trace is really the last and there is only error logo after that.

Just realized that my CLOVER is 5119 rev.
One more detail: I connected to iGPU with Display Port cable.

MacOS 10.14.6 Mojave

Post a copy of your Whole CLOVER folder.

Can you include a copy of your ACPI tables. As they can provide specific information that helps the Hack boot macOS.

To obtain a copy of the ACPI Tables from your system when using Clover, do the following:
  1. The ACPI Tables can be obtained by pressing the 'F4' key while on the Clover Boot Screen.
  2. The tables are saved in the background, with no evidence that anything is happening.
  3. So just leave the system for around 30 seconds before doing anything such as booting the system.
  4. The ACPI tables will be written to the /CLOVER/ACPI/origin folder on the USB or your macOS drive, whichever you are using to boot the system.
  5. Provide a compressed copy of your /CLOVER/ACPI/origin folder.
For the record the config.plist I provided contains the Framebuffer Properties for your HD 630 IGPU. Just not in the place you are looking. I assume you have added them to the Graphics section of the config.plist. This is not required or wanted when using WhateverGreen.kext. The IGPU framebuffer properties are added to the config.plist via the Devices > Properties section, as shown in the screenshot below.

View attachment 524201

View attachment 524202
The device framebuffer values for this chip is correct, but he will also need to add these ones added in order to get the full VRAM:

key: framebuffer-unifiedmem
value: 00000080
type: DATA

key: framebuffer-fbmem
value: 00009000
type: DATA

If it helps, these are some of the settings for my Asus Z270 Prime-A btw that I use running High Sierra:

Screen Shot 2021-07-10 at 9.38.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-10 at 9.39.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-10 at 9.40.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-10 at 9.40.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-10 at 9.41.09 AM.png

Edhawk, this is my CLOVER folder. I updated to Clover r5136 and did some workaround to add macOS BigSur support, but for now it's not working.
I will check the properties section today.
After changing config.plist (I wrote about it before) I get the notification message from macOS "disk unsupported". This message shows in notifications corner only after startup.

Panic at reboot is still with me :)

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    13.3 MB · Views: 31
I just applied the patch and got some strange effect
Graphics still working well (4K@60hz), and feels smoother than before.
BUT I can't use a resolution scale as I did it before. (I used 2K scale)
Now my device properties looks that way:
1626252391581.png

Available resolutions now:
1626252472475.png

Okay, I just realized the the graphics works well now. HiDPI for 4K is 1080p and that's ok. Thank you :)
But panic after reboot still occurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back