EVGA GTX 680
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Alrighty guys, I've got a bit of a challenge. I currently have an ASUS Maximus V Formula with a GTX 680 and an Intel i7 2600K. I have overclocked the CPU in the BIOS and it ramps up beautifully in Windows 7. However, when I enter Mac OS X, I get stuck at 16x, even if I put the CPU at 100%. It doesn't even ramp to the 34 that it is supposed to by stock settings. I've tried a couple different SSDT.aml files that I have created and/or downloaded, but nothing seems to work. I don't have a DSDT because one doesn't exist for this motherboard. I got everything working using Multibeast and everything is fully functional. Except for the overclock. I will post the Multibeast settings here. How do I get this thing up to my 45x that I want it at?

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2013-03-15 at 6.33.49 PM.png

Okay, I've gotten the standard overclock of 4.5GHz to happen. Small problem though, it only goes between 16x and 45x. I got the 45x to work by changing the system definition from Mac Pro 3,1 to Mac Mini Server. The Mac Mini Server takes an i7, which is most likely why this works. I'm going to try the iMac now. Any help on getting more states would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back