Contribute
Register

osxwifi.com card does not work for bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I switched to the 10.6.3 version and saved another copy. Please try this one.

Bluetooth is coming under BRCM20702 Hub@1d180000 which looks fine to me. Haven't checked device ID as I'm not on my main desktop to compare my working one.

I'm having the same issue as OP. Just bought a OSXWIFI card and can't get Bluetooth working (El Cap in my case). Both Wifi and Bluetooth work just fine in Windows 10 using Bootcamp drivers. I feel like I've tried everything.

Attachments

• Screen 1.png
    Screen 1.png
    402.2 KB · Views: 120
  • Screen 2.png
    Screen 2.png
    73 KB · Views: 117
I'm having the same issue as OP. Just bought a OSXWIFI card and can't get Bluetooth working (El Cap in my case). Both Wifi and Bluetooth work just fine in Windows 10 using Bootcamp drivers. I feel like I've tried everything.

I thought these cards were supposed to work natively, assuming that means no extra kext process. If both of our osxwifi cards are shown under usb ports, why are they not recognized as bluetooth?

Did you try any of the RehabMan kexts? https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM

Bluetooth is coming under BRCM20702 Hub@1d180000 which looks fine to me. Haven't checked device ID as I'm not on my main desktop to compare my working one.

I'm not sure how to check my device id in ioreg.
I'm trying to see if copying the RehabMan's BrcmPathRam2.kext and BrcmFirmwareData.kext to EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11/ will work after rebooting. So far I didn't see any changes.

I thought these cards were supposed to work natively, assuming that means no extra kext process. If both of our osxwifi cards are shown under usb ports, why are they not recognized as bluetooth?

Did you try any of the RehabMan kexts? https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM

Yeah, tried the brcmpatchram kexts, both in EFI and in s/l/e. I think I'm gonna have to ship mine back for a refund. The bummer is the time spent, eating shipping to and from, and the restocking fee. :/

Anyway find a solution to this. I'm having the exact same issues.
Thanks.

Anyway find a solution to this. I'm having the exact same issues.
Thanks.
Hi,
I switched to a different iMac model config and that solved the problem in the easiest way. What model are you using?

Hi,
I switched to a different iMac model config and that solved the problem in the easiest way. What model are you using?
I'm using imac13,2. What did you switch to/from?

I'm using imac13,2. What did you switch to/from?
Try iMac 14,2. I switched from iMac 13,2 as well and it solved my problems. It basically allocates USB ports that are not available by default on 13,2 like they are on 14,2.

I have not noticed any side effects with the new config even though I'm running a 3770K processor. Hope that it works for you too.

Try iMac 14,2. I switched from iMac 13,2 as well and it solved my problems. It basically allocates USB ports that are not available by default on 13,2 like they are on 14,2.

I have not noticed any side effects with the new config even though I'm running a 3770K processor. Hope that it works for you too.
Thanks! I'm going to give it a try later today. Hopefully, it fixes the problem for me, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back