HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello!

I have an MSI Z170A-G45 motherboard that I believe has dedicated NVRAM. I was able to read values via the nvram terminal command in macOS even though I installed Clover UEFI (not the emulated NVRAM option).

Anyway, I do not recall if I had the OsxAptioFix2Drv option checked when I updated Clover, but I was able to boot until then so surely it has to do with the settings I had when I upgraded Clover.

The problem is that now I cannot get even my Unibeast USB drive to boot macOS. It gives me the same error. This leads me to believe it is reading from the motherboard's NVRAM.

The error, OsxAptioFix2Drv: Starting overrides for \.IABootFiles\boot.efi ... does printf work? is all over the Internet, but no one is in the exact situation I am in.

I have reformatted the macOS boot drive, and I also reset the CMOS of the motherboard. There are no explicit options or instructions for clearing the NVRAM that I could find, so I assume CMOS clearing would clear the NVRAM as well.

Any ideas?

Alright! I got it figured out.

I plugged my Unibeast USB installer into my MacBook, fired up EfiMounter and Clover Configurator, and in the NVRAM tab, I enabled the NVRAM emulation and on the Install Drivers tab installed the EmuVariableUefi option.

This appears to have successfully overridden the motherboard's NVRAM settings, and theoretically once I'm back on the macOS desktop, I can "fix" the motherboard NVRAM with Clover Configurator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back