GTX 780
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
I have recently added a extra 2 Tb WD Green hard drive to my computer. I partitioned it to have half for windows and half for mac. The drive works fine and I can access all of the data on it but when I am using mac, it freezes about 2 minutes after I boot into mac.

Does anyone know how I can stop this from happening?

Thanks

At only three posts and half a year absence since this since this post, I suspect that you won't ever read this. But I have experienced what you are reporting about your windows partition freezing your Yosemite system.

I have 8 SSD drives in my case and two of the drives are windows partitioned. When I boot into Yosemite and the OS crashes about 2 minutes into use, just like you.

When I disconnect the Windows drives the crashes disappear. (this took about a week and 20 hours to isolate the problem since no logs are created about the crash!!)

I have no idea why this is. I've had windows drives installed in the past without issue. The problem is brand new and I really can't say why it is this suddenly began.

With a single drive, dual partition you obviously can't physically disconnect windows away from your Yosemite environment. You would basically have no purchase a separate drive just for Windows.

Hi JonnyC I believe I have a similar problem. Did you ever solve it?

@Binnachle86, please provide complete details in your Profile (personal details).
Mobo: Motherboard Manufacturer/Model
CPU: Detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back