Contribute
Register

OSX freeze after installing official nVidia Fermi drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
rodineinunes said:
Hello folks, believe it should have solved for me, disabling the power saving monitors, because the workstation does not freeze the two days and I'm working with her 100%

Could you write up a quick guide?

rodineinunes said:
Hello folks, believe it should have solved for me, disabling the power saving monitors, because the workstation does not freeze the two days and I'm working with her 100%

I try it. Still got K/Ps on GTS 450 :banghead:

Pote, please post your BIOS settings.

rodineinunes said:

What kind of work do you do with your machine? I rarely get KPs with my 460, but I've gotten two in the past two days rendering a project in After Effects. Hoping to try the power saving trick after finals are due.

I installed osx after reading about this possible solution. Using those bios parameters, till now no freeze in 2 days. But I never tryed with those parateres enabled, so I don't know if I would freeze. Anyway, all working, 2 monitors plugged in, all perfect (crossing fingers... at least for now :p)

theLorax said:
rodineinunes said:

Attachments

• janela do economizador.jpg
    janela do economizador.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 147
  • Economizador energia.jpg
    Economizador energia.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 160
theLorax said:
rodineinunes said:

What kind of work do you do with your machine? I rarely get KPs with my 460, but I've gotten two in the past two days rendering a project in After Effects. Hoping to try the power saving trick after finals are due.

TheLorax hello: I shoot social events like weddings, TV commercial, institutional firms, I am editing movies shot with the camera quality HR NX5U FULL HD 1920x1080, and the files are generated above the 20GB in size, I love the MAC after solving the freezing problem, I want to buy a ride to another station.

rodineinunes said:
theLorax said:
rodineinunes said:

Just did this, stopped looping my video with quicktime, and got a crash within 10 minutes....

What's the BIOS setting someone else was talking about disabling?

Baoren said:
I installed osx after reading about this possible solution. Using those bios parameters, till now no freeze in 2 days. But I never tryed with those parateres enabled, so I don't know if I would freeze. Anyway, all working, 2 monitors plugged in, all perfect (crossing fingers... at least for now :p)

Which BIOS settings exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back