CPU
3,4 GHz Intel Core i5
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2047 Mo
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All, in advance, sorry for my bad english.

I have a problem : I recently installed the official Fermi drivers from nVidia, all working on GTX 460 (EVGA 768mo), with the common installation way. I got full resolution support and Quartz working. The problem is that my computer freezing after some time of use (totally random, can be 5min or 60min), no response from keyboard, nor mouse and the reset button don't react too.

I detected something very strange during the freeze : On the top-left corner of the screen, i see black pixels forming a very little square with a white dot inside, like it has texts inside but the square is so small that it can't show what it have inside. It really look's like a kernel panic.

I don't know if NVEnabler is the problem, i use the NVEnabler 64.kext from multibeast, but i got this problem since i use it.
Note that I installed USB3 driver from LaCie too, in the same time, but no problem with it.
Any idea to solve this problem ?

My configuration :
- Gigabite GA-H55N-USB3
- GTX 460 768Mo EVGA
- 4GO Ram
- No multiboot

Thanks!

Well, it seem that new driver is not stable, i finally got a real kernel panic AFTER the little square on top-left corner (i waited 10 sec), check the screenshot.
I think i need to wait for an update, or maybe there will be a fix later (i wish!).

Is anybody have the same issue ?

Attachments

• kernelpanic.jpg
    kernelpanic.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 3,480
I also got a random freeze after I installed the new Nvidia drivers.. and if I start World of Warcraft the graphics is really crappy and laggy on the login-screen and when I login the whole computer just freezes..

I'm guessing the driver isn't stable!?

Same problem here as well with the same card (ASUS GTX 460 760MB). Can't pinpoint what's causing it but it's acting the same in terms of the random freezing. It can be after 10 mins or after a couple hours but it is annoying. Anyone know what could fix it or are we assuming that it's driver instability?

Same here with the exact same evga card. SL is unusable until a fix comes out.

Thanks tonymac for your answer but there is a way to fix it?, or do we have to wait?, i've tried with or without anablers and a lot of ways and the problem remains the same and the benchmark results are very poor, thanks again i'll appreciate any clue

Same here with Sparkle GeForce 460GTX everything work smoothly all resolutions work and so on... but there are random freezes with no kernel panic.

Using smbios of iMac 11,1 same with MacPro3,1 but cant boot with MacPro4,1 or 5,1 i just get kernel panic.

veddernick said:
Thanks tonymac for your answer but there is a way to fix it?, or do we have to wait?, i've tried with or without anablers and a lot of ways and the problem remains the same and the benchmark results are very poor, thanks again i'll appreciate any clue

Specs would help. Sounds like you don't have a properly edited DSDT. If you do not, GraphicsEnabler=Yes will NOT work- you'll need to add PCIRootUID=1 fix from MultiBeast. Either way, NVenabler does NOT support 4xx cards.

Also, it would be great if when reporting, everyone could give as much detail as possible- and which model Fermi card and which OS X apps you're experiencing issues with.

Personally I have not had any issues with my GTS 450.

EDIT: I'm having random freezes- they are due to the NVIDIA Drivers. Kernel Panic tracebacks are the new NVDAGF100Hal.kext and others.

tonymacx86 said:
Also, it would be great if when reporting, everyone could give as much detail as possible- and which model Fermi card and which OS X apps you're experiencing issues with.

10.6.5 - Chameleon 2 RC5 - Card detected properly. GraphicsEnabler=Yes. All resolutions QE/CL
EasyDSDT - MultiBeast
Installed using iBoot + Retail Snow Leopard
Sparkle GeForce 460GTX 768MB

And there is no specific app that it hangs on it just freezes on any app random times.
No clue as to what it may be.

Longest time used: 14 Hours and still running (No clue how it managed to do that :D )
Shortest use: 20min

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back