Contribute
Register

OSX freeze after installing official nVidia Fermi drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
SnoopDuJour said:
I have finally achieved a stable system. No crahses, no freeze, no second card, no editing the DSDT
This is what I did.

1) Got a phillips screwdriver
2) removed the fermi based card
3) installed ATI 5870
4) booted with iBoot
5) re-ran Multi-beast with Kybl's boot

No lockup's no freezing. It has been 13 hours now. This card gives me 13+ frames in Uningine. 40.2 fps
It wakes back up after sleep, Life is beautiful again.

I hope the rest of you figure out what is going on. (this is my last post in this thread)

:clap: Great idea !!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm trying to sell my GTX460
and buy DH5870

The common thread on the freeze seems to be an idle system so I looked through my Gigabyte UDR3 BIOS settings and remembered enabling two power management settings that are normally disabled by default (but enabled in the recommended OSX BIOS settings links). They are:

CPU Enhanced Halt -> Now disabled
CPU C3/C6/C7 State Support - Now disabled

I'm testing now and so far no freezes (what you want to bet I freeze right after posting this message). Has anyone else with Fermi cards tried disabling these features? These should be pretty standard BIOS settings for X58 motherboards.

Galael

Almost two days worth of usage and so far no crashes or kernel panics. Looking good for now!

After disabling the power saving monitors des'm the 8 o'clock in the morning without freezing, for me is excellent news.

Help I still freeze :beachball: and K/Ps come with my Asus GTS 450 and it need open visualizer in iTune Please Please!! :banghead: :cry:BTW I CAN'T change Graphic card because I bought this comp only 2 month

PS. sorry for bad english

It sounds like good news for some except for poor Pote2639. I'm of the same opinion, not wanting to replace my MSI Hawk GTX460. I really like this card and its OC capability on my Win7 partition. I won't be able to do full-out workplace testing until next week when I return home so it would be good to get as much feedback as possible on this simple BIOS tweak from anyone else who can try it.

Pote, are your freezes seemingly random and how often do they occur?

Galael

galael said:
It sounds like good news for some except for poor Pote2639. I'm of the same opinion, not wanting to replace my MSI Hawk GTX460. I really like this card and its OC capability on my Win7 partition. I won't be able to do full-out workplace testing until next week when I return home so it would be good to get as much feedback as possible on this simple BIOS tweak from anyone else who can try it.

Galael

Yea Random Freeze and K/Ps Every 5-10 min without open video or Visualizer. Really annoying :banghead:

pote2639 said:
galael said:

Galael

Yea Random Freeze and K/Ps Every 5-10 min without open video or Visualizer. Really annoying :banghead:

:oops: sorry for double post My mistake

pote2639 said:
galael said:

Galael

Anyone??

Hello folks, believe it should have solved for me, disabling the power saving monitors, because the workstation does not freeze the two days and I'm working with her 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back