Graphics
geforce 210
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I spend 72 hours to install Maverick 10.9.2 and it is still working bizarrely : system seems ok, GUI seems a little slow and particularly videos are laggy.

hexa Core I7 4930 3,4Ghz
GA-X79S-UP5
Intel SSD 240GB 335 series
2 x 8GB DDR3 1600 Kingston
1 Geforce GTX660

Maverick recognize everything as is

Made install with -v cpus=1 npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No

It took time to obtain the first installation panel

In fact I tried with an HDMI connection and discovered that it was working better with DVI (HDMI connection was considered as a TV not a monitor)

Anyway the results were still slowish in everything I mean after applying multibeast Kexts and customizations of course.

I tried with other graphic cards an old 8400GS that was working great with snowleo on another hack, a GF 610 and an AMD 5770 with GraphicsEnabler=Yes or No depending on the kind. Each time a reinstall from scratch!

Did not get more successfull with those tests.

I finally had the idea to switch the GC from first PCIe to second and obtained a lot better results :
System booting rapidly, GUI much more "reactive" (but not as I saw on a genuine MacBookPro) everything seemed ok even with the GTX 660 and the latest drivers and CUDA provided by NVIDIA, I get marvelous results on geekbench Xbench etc... every seemed finally ok,
but all videos are laggy QT, VLC, Flash... none works correctly and I don't know what to do else !

Any Idea?

hi! PLEASE HELP ME, i have this mother GA-X79S-UP5, i install maverick 10.9.3
all work perfect, but this is the problem.

i need to connect more than 8 hard disk, so, i need use the 8 SAS CONNECTORS, non RAID, individually hard disk.
when i connect hard disk in SAS connectors, the colour grey connectors, they arent recognizes it, didnt appeare in finder and disk utility.

can you???? can you try this???

you solve this problem??? a lot of people didnt know this, and i dont know what to do.

please help me.

I spend 72 hours to install Maverick 10.9.2 and it is still working bizarrely : system seems ok, GUI seems a little slow and particularly videos are laggy.

hexa Core I7 4930 3,4Ghz
GA-X79S-UP5
Intel SSD 240GB 335 series
2 x 8GB DDR3 1600 Kingston
1 Geforce GTX660

Maverick recognize everything as is

Made install with -v cpus=1 npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No

It took time to obtain the first installation panel

In fact I tried with an HDMI connection and discovered that it was working better with DVI (HDMI connection was considered as a TV not a monitor)

Anyway the results were still slowish in everything I mean after applying multibeast Kexts and customizations of course.

I tried with other graphic cards an old 8400GS that was working great with snowleo on another hack, a GF 610 and an AMD 5770 with GraphicsEnabler=Yes or No depending on the kind. Each time a reinstall from scratch!

Did not get more successfull with those tests.

I finally had the idea to switch the GC from first PCIe to second and obtained a lot better results :
System booting rapidly, GUI much more "reactive" (but not as I saw on a genuine MacBookPro) everything seemed ok even with the GTX 660 and the latest drivers and CUDA provided by NVIDIA, I get marvelous results on geekbench Xbench etc... every seemed finally ok,
but all videos are laggy QT, VLC, Flash... none works correctly and I don't know what to do else !

Any Idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back