Contribute
Register

OSInstall.mpkg Appears Damaged - Trying to Create Installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have same problem and solved.
Mark only 1 SSD as first boot drive in BIOS, disable all others.

i cannot get past osinstall.mpkg is either damaged or missing...use the latest clover configurator change simbios... i look for emuvariable.efi in drivers 64uefi there's none and yet i cannot get out of this error please help

Did you try what I'm suggested?
Did you pull out USB flash with installation (if you try with external installation, not through macOS) when you have 1st restart?

I have the same issue. I have disconnected all drives apart from my 500gb Samsung SSD. It does not matter if you select the USB or the SSD it comes up with the "osinstall.mpkg is either damaged or missing". I am on SMBIOS 17.1. I have justified the fresh install again and it does not matter which drive I select I still get the same message.

I had the same problem. I realize that I had to delete the 'macOS install data' folder on the root of the drive and start again whenever I tried something new. Otherwise, it would give that error no matter what changes I made. Some of them may have worked, but I would not have known.

However, in the end what worked for me is (Even though I used the usb installer I did not have to format my drive):
  1. Updated the usb installer to the latest clover with rc scripts installed on target volume.
  2. Used clover configurator to change usb installer smbios to a machine with a bios release after 2012 ( I chose MacPro6,1 ) and left the firmware feature setting to the default that clover chose( which is '0xE80FE136' with a '0xFF1FFF3F' firmware feature mask ).
  3. Used 'kext-dev-mode=1' in boot section of cover configurator
  4. Installed AppleACPIPlatform.kext ( for kextd stall error during boot. Can be found in System > Library > Extentions ), FakeSMC.kext, Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext ( because I have an nvidia graphics card that gets no signal or blank screen during boot when I changed my smbios settings to a newer machine, you may not need this ) to usb installer EFI > CLOVER > kexts > 10.13
  5. Made sure that the 'macOS install data' folder on the root of the target drive was deleted.
  6. Restarted the computer.
  7. Booted into the usb installer.
  8. Selected to install from usb installer and ran the setup as normal. It copied the setup files to the hard drive like normal.
  9. The computer restarted
  10. Booted into the usb installer again,
  11. Chose the new option to install macOS from my hard drive and continue the installation (I would usually get a firmware validation error, have to restart and try this step again and then get the osinstall.mpkg error, but not this time ). The install took about 45 min. Note that the computer may restart once or twice during installation justrrepeat steps 10 & 11.
  12. After the install finished I booted into the usb installer again. the install from hard drive option was gone and I selected my new High Sierra install.
  13. I installed clover to my main drive.
  14. Set all the same settings as my usb installer and eureka.
This is what worked for me and hope it works for you. Just make sure that what ever solution you try, even if not this one, Delete the 'macOS install data' folder first and start a new installation.

Last edited:
I now have 10.13.1 working perfectly. I removed nvram.plist and EmuVariablesUefi-64.efi and added the most up to date APFS driver. I then updated from the App Store. Booted from the install drive in Clover. Disabled Nvidia in Clover on reboot. Returned EmuVariablesUefi-64.efi to its original folder and installed Nvidia 10.13.1 driver. All up and running with no issues.

Last edited:
I cannot find nvram.plist in my usb installer

The problem is with the secondpart of the installation...osinstall.mpkg is either damaged or missing....the first part of the installation went smoothly...there is no emuvaruiable .efi in my ueffi 64 folder..no other drive..only ssd ..used latest clover,apfs,fakesmc....i was wondering in verbose mode the date stamp is always oct 23,2017 eventhough i have already erase thr ssd ,, reformat usb installer,,install edboth again clover ,and install high sierra app on seperate partition ... The date stamp oct 23,2017 in verbose mode has something to do with osinstall.mpkg error?

The problem is with the secondpart of the installation...osinstall.mpkg is either damaged or missing....the first part of the installation went smoothly...there is no emuvaruiable .efi in my ueffi 64 folder..no other drive..only ssd ..used latest clover,apfs,fakesmc....i was wondering in verbose mode the date stamp is always oct 23,2017 eventhough i have already erase thr ssd ,, reformat usb installer,,install edboth again clover ,and install high sierra app on seperate partition ... The date stamp oct 23,2017 in verbose mode has something to do with osinstall.mpkg error?

I am sure there is an article on GitHub about this by Rehabman. There is also an explanation of how to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back