Contribute
Register

OSInstall.mpkg Appears Damaged - Trying to Create Installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
motherboard OR system make and model # > See Rules!
CPU
> Need full model # > See Rules!
Graphics
> Need model #/version # > See Rules!
Looks like my Hackintosh journey is at an end. I can't get past the "The path /System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged" issue. Tried every tip I could find here and elsewhere and still having the same issue.

Looks like my Hackintosh journey is at an end. I can't get past the "The path /System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged" issue. Tried every tip I could find here and elsewhere and still having the same issue.
Try to download installer from app store.

Be sure to update your SMBIOS definition using the latest version of Clover Configurator. Many definitions have been updated by Apple. Just select the same definition you're presently using and save the Config.plist file. Also, delete all copies of NVRAM.PLIST on all drives. That's what finally got me past the dreaded error. Best of luck!

Be sure to update your SMBIOS definition using the latest version of Clover Configurator. Many definitions have been updated by Apple. Just select the same definition you're presently using and save the Config.plist file. Also, delete all copies of NVRAM.PLIST on all drives. That's what finally got me past the dreaded error. Best of luck!

Yep. Updated my SMBIOS with the latest version of Clover Configurator and no joy. Did a search for NVRAM.PLIST and couldn't find it. I read it is supposed to be in the /Extra folder but I don't have that folder (I have show hidden files enabled and it's not there).

One cause of the OSInstall.mpkg missing or damaged is have EmuVariablesUefi-64.efi in CLOVER/EFI/drivers64UEFI (or wherever it would ordinarily be for your install) on some mobos such as 10-series. I have to make sure I boot a clover without this file for the purposes of installation, then I put it back after install. I actually use a USB stick without this efi for installs.

Looks like I'm missing EmuVariablesUefi-64.efi. Only thing I have in that folder is apfs.efi, AppleImageCodec-64.efi, AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi, AppleUITheme-64.efi, DataHubDxe-64.efi, FirmwareVolume-64.efi, FSInject-64.efi, OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi, SMCHelper-64.efi, and VBoxHfs-64.efi.

Just FYI, I had this same issue on my 2015 MBP. Ended up having to build a USB key installer from inside the recovery partition. Running the upgrade from the USB key worked like a champ, even after I did an exceedingly dumb thing and closed my laptop lid while it was upgrading.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201372

One cause of the OSInstall.mpkg missing or damaged is have EmuVariablesUefi-64.efi in CLOVER/EFI/drivers64UEFI (or wherever it would ordinarily be for your install) on some mobos such as 10-series. I have to make sure I boot a clover without this file for the purposes of installation, then I put it back after install. I actually use a USB stick without this efi for installs.

I have been looking for a solution for 3 days!!! you are my hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back