Contribute
Register

OS X Mavericks is Now Available on the Mac App Store for Free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Success!

Installed Unibeast/Mavericks onto a different flash drive than Unibeast/MountainLion, just in case.
Used disk utility to erase my drive and installed Mavericks onto it.
Re-installed everything using a Time Machine Backup at the start screen.
Everything appears to be working after using Multibeast 6.0: audio, network, iCloud, Bluetooth, Messenger, App Store
GTX 760 now shows up as a 760 instead of a GK104

Computer now takes about 20 seconds longer to boot up (30 seconds total) compared to Mountain Lion but shutdown only takes about 4.

should aver installing from scratch or upgrading from the app store on my hackintosh ¿¿

No problems doing an in-place upgrade of my GA-Z87-UD3H/i7-4771 build from 10.8.5 to Mavericks using Unibeast/Multibeast. Everything seems to still be working. I had to boot with -x to delete the AppleTyMCEDriver kext, but I had to do that with Mountain Lion as well.

So is it not possible to update in place via the App Store download and setup? I was hoping to not lose the installed stuff on my machine.

Article: OS X Mavericks is Now Available on the Mac App Store for Free

Had the same problem and solved it by using Unibeast installer. So create Unibeast boot volume, boot from it, run the update (if it does not start automatically) and that's it.
The last step, where update is saying it only takes one more minute, took quite long in my case. Be patient.

Great, it works, thanks man. This method keeps your data and apps, as any update should do. For others, before update set your system definition via Chameleon Wizard (SMBios tab), and generate a random serial, matching your system, it is a real must. I use iMac 13,2.

Nevermind, stupid me, hadn't done UniBeast. Seems to have worked fine now using UniBeast, rebooted from the resulting USB, no network yet, running Multibeast now. On a Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H with Core i5 w/HD4000, plus a Raeon HD6xxx which just worked.

have been running mavericks since the GM, everything except imessage doesn't work. Tried all possible fixes. Anyone got an advice?

So is it not possible to update in place via the App Store download and setup? I was hoping to not lose the installed stuff on my machine.

You don't lose your installed stuff when you do it via Unibeast. Just tell the Mavericks installer to install to your existing drive.

Disregard my previous post, reading the walkthrough indicates using unibeast to write to your existing drive to keep your programs etc in place. Thanks

i am still not clear on the installation steps… so this is not like an average OS X update, right? Wherein, I update from app store, say from OS X 10.8.4 to 10.8.5 then restart computer and then run MultiBeast to the audio?

I read the instruction for Unibeast and all, saying to download Mavericks from the app store, which I am or was but has paused it since I am unclear about this step--the step after downloading Mavericks. After downloading it, do continue with the installation process, or do I need to stop and follow the Unibeast 3.0 install guide. If so, I am still unclear about the Maverick download whether or not it will continue or how will the system be able to install it (if I didn't install it and just downloaded it)?

thanks in advance….

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back