Contribute
Register

OS X Mavericks is Now Available on the Mac App Store for Free

Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue I'm having is that I can't get the USB drive to even be recognized during boot. I followed the directions to set to Optimized Defaults and Profile 1, and still no recognition of the USB for boot.

Has anyone tried updating without doing a fresh install? How did it go?

Article: OS X Mavericks is Now Available on the Mac App Store for Free

Success here too z68xp-ud3p, thanks l4dspawn

Followed your suggestion for the upgrade, worked fine, had to give the usb installer -GraphicsEnabler=Yes for Quadro4000 though.

On a dell inspiron 530, after upgrade using unibeast, on reboot from the installed ssd the computer restarts. I think I used DSDT before, but not sure if I need to use that on unibeast.

Article: OS X Mavericks is Now Available on the Mac App Store for Free

got the sound going through multi beast .. It was voodoo hda 2.8.4

- - - Updated - - -

only problem I'm having now is the messenger .. anyone else having a messenger problem?

waiting waiting waiting....

Just upgraded my Macbook pro 2009 and my Pc to Mavericks.
In 10.8.5 I still had to boot with mbr formatted stick and perform the "sleep trick" to boot my amd 7970. ( i7 3770k, mdi gd65 gaming)
I had to use unibeast to creat a new bootstick. Remove amd gpu and boot into mavericks installation (usb), after boot from stick into previous mac os partition and complete update, use multi beast ( previous settings were saved, just updated them). With onboard gpu it boots fine, but with the amd gpu I still have to boot from the new usb stick and perform the sleep trick. ( hope this issue will be solved in the near future...)

good luck to all !

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H. Installed Mavericks as update. Ran Multibeast 6. Seems fine except for sound. Board has Realtek 898 codec, so I selected Without DSDT ALC898. Sound message is "No output devices found". Any advice appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back