Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 3 (F5)
CPU
Intel Core i7 4790
Graphics
Intel HD 4600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to install OS X Yosemite on my computer, I've done it before (with Clover) but since I've change my motherboard, I need to do it again.

I've already tried a few times, without any success.
I have tried both ways, Clover and Unibeast, and I would prefer to use Clover bootloader.

I've used the Clover guide step by step but once the loading is over, my computer just reboot. Also tried in safe mode without any change.

And when I tried with Unibeast, I've got the "IOBluetoothHCIController[start] -- completed" error.

In both case I've disabled virtualisation, and even tried with Intel Graphics Off (for Unibeast for sure as far as I can remember)

I tried to follow this guide (even if it's for Unibeast) : http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-gigabyte-z97x-gaming-3-i7-4790s-780-gtx.html
Because I have a similar set up, but without success.

How can I install OS X using Clover ?

Here is mine :
CPU : i7-4790 3.6
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (Gigabyte)
Motherboard : Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 3
RAM : 10,0 Go Dual-Channel DDR3
HDD 1 : 1863GB Western Digital WDC WD20EARS-60MVWB0 (SATA) (for Windows)
HDD 2 : 335GB Seagate ST3360320AS (SATA) ((empy) for OS X)
PSU : Corsair Bronze 500W

Thanks in advance for you help !

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to install OS X Yosemite on my computer, I've done it before (with Clover) but since I've change my motherboard, I need to do it again.

I've already tried a few times, without any success.
I have tried both ways, Clover and Unibeast, and I would prefer to use Clover bootloader.

I've used the Clover guide step by step but once the loading is over, my computer just reboot. Also tried in safe mode without any change.

And when I tried with Unibeast, I've got the "IOBluetoothHCIController[start] -- completed" error.

In both case I've disabled virtualisation, and even tried with Intel Graphics Off (for Unibeast for sure as far as I can remember)

I tried to follow this guide (even if it's for Unibeast) : http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-gigabyte-z97x-gaming-3-i7-4790s-780-gtx.html
Because I have a similar set up, but without success.

Here is mine :

Thanks in advance for you help !

• First I would remind you to update your Profile to reflect your Current System's Motherboard Make and Model to be in the System : section of the profile with other items appropriately completed. This will ensure readers can easily find the Hardware SPECS of your system through out the troubleshoot without having to scroll back to the first post.
  • I suggest creating a Clover Yosemite Legacy USB Installer which is easier (my personal view) adhering to the Guide from here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html
  • Choose the BIOS settings listed in the article you have mentioned. To list them again here:
  • Load Optimized Defaults
  • SATA Mode : AHCI
  • Peripherals>xHCI Mode>Auto
  • Peripherals>xHCI Hand-off>ENABLED
  • Peripherals>EHCI Hand-off>ENABLED
  • Peripherals>Internal Graphics>DISABLED
  • Power Management>Wake on Lan>DISABLED
  • BIOS Features>VT-d>DISABLED
  • BIOS Features>Boot Mode Selection>Legacy
  • Save and Exit
If you are using Unibeast Yosemite USB Installer you have created using the GUIDE,

use the following
Boot flags and try booting Unibeast Yosemite USB Installer:
-v -x nv_disable-1

Once Multibeast 7.3
is finished installing Drivers,for your onboard devices like Ethernet & Audio and Chimera Boot loader , CPUPowerManagement.kext patch etc and you have downloaded and installed Web driver for your nvidia PCIE Graphics card , you should edit org.Chameleon.Boot.plist to include nvda_drv=1 replacing nv_disable-1

Please post with details of any problems with screen capture image
Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:

Boot with "dart=0 nv_disable=1 -f -v"

No need to disable the Virtualization. Disable Vt-D.

Your booting issue related with OS X's native Nvidia driver. Use the flag "nv_disable=1" for booting.

Here is mine :

Update your build's hardware details under Profile > Basic Information section in the below format (Profile link is available on the upper right side of this website), So that we can avoid scroll back to your fist post for identifying the hardware details.

System : Motherboard + BIOS Version + Bootloader (Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU : Detailed CPU Model
Graphics : All Graphics Devices

For Example,
System : GA-Z97X-UD5H (F9F) (CLOVER)
CPU : Intel Core i7-4790K
Graphics : Intel HD 4600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980

Hi again,
Thanks for your help, I've updated my info.

Well I could install OS X with Clover, the flag nv_disable=1 was the thing to do, but how to get rid of it ? Once everything is installed ?
Also, I've installed Clover on the computer after the first boot (Step 4 on Clover guide), but I 've got now a kernel panic..
23ACCC8C-1D6C-4A6E-92D2-41D4AC169CE3_zpsps3oufnw.jpg7F474DA5-2A02-49F1-A931-CDE951A60BCB_zpsujbuabwc.jpg
I may have used the wrong kernel for Internet, can it be the problem ? (ALXEthernet.kext)
What should I do now to get everything functional ? I'll redo an installation if it's really necessary.
And how can I get HDMI (if it is possible), I've read a few things about this, but I want to know if there is an easy way.

Thanks in advance for your help.

PS : I couldn't get Internet or Sound on the first boot, I'm quite sure it was because Clover wasn't installed but now.. Also, the max resolution was 1280*720 (certainly because of nv_disable=1)

Hi again,
Thanks for your help, I've updated my info.

Well I could install OS X with Clover, the flag nv_disable=1 was the thing to do, but how to get rid of it ? Once everything is installed ?
Also, I've installed Clover on the computer after the first boot (Step 4 on Clover guide), but I 've got now a kernel panic..
View attachment 139644View attachment 139645
I may have used the wrong kernel for Internet, can it be the problem ? (ALXEthernet.kext)
What should I do now to get everything functional ? I'll redo an installation if it's really necessary.
And how can I get HDMI (if it is possible), I've read a few things about this, but I want to know if there is an easy way.

Thanks in advance for your help.

PS : I couldn't get Internet or Sound on the first boot, I'm quite sure it was because Clover wasn't installed but now.. Also, the max resolution was 1280*720 (certainly because of nv_disable=1)

You may take a look at this for some tip:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...ioplatformexpert-cpp-1378-a-2.html#post952344

If you try the above and cannot resolve your problem, try reinstall with USB Installer.
I am more familiar with Unibeast Yosemite USB Installer but you might get help from others if you choose Clover.
Once you install the Web driver for your card later, you can get rid of nv_disable=1 and in the plist add nvda_drv=1: if Your Bootloader is Chameleon/Chimera in org.Chameleon.Boot.plist it is under Kernel Flags
Good luck.

Thanks,
I tried to do as you said and it actually fix the kernel panic, but I have another IOBletooth... Problem after.
In fact, I can boot on OS X with the USB stick, but once there, I don't really know what to do.
I know it's a misconfiguration of the Clover config located in my EFI part (and not the one on my key) but I don't really know how to set it up.
I still can't get Internet, sound, graphical drivers while I boot on my usb.
What should I do next ?
Thanks again everyone.

Panic is because of wrong config.plist

I tried to do as you said and it actually fix the kernel panic, but I have another IOBletooth... Problem after.
In fact, I can boot on OS X with the USB stick, but once there, I don't really know what to do.
I know it's a misconfiguration of the Clover config located in my EFI part (and not the one on my key) but I don't really know how to set it up.

Mount the EFI Partition and copy the config.plist from USB to EFI Partition.

For Mounting the EFI Partition,

1. Run the below code on the terminal
Code:
defaults write com.apple.DiskUtility DUDebugMenuEnabled 1

2. Then open Disk Utility and choose the option Show Every Partition from the Debug Menu.

3. Then from the right side pane, right click on the EFI partition and choose the option Mount.

4. Once it is done goto finder. you will be able to see the EFI Partition there.

I still can't get Internet, sound, graphical drivers while I boot on my usb.
What should I do next ?

Leave the USB booting. First make bootable system from HDD without issues. Then go for resolving the Ethernet, Graphics, Audio, etc..

1. For Ethernet, Identify which ethernet Chip you have in your motherboard. Use DPCIManager to find out the hardware details (Check under PCIList tab)

DPCIManager : http://sourceforge.net/projects/dpcimanager/

Once you identified the chip model, then install proper kext for the model to enable it.

2. For graphics, install nvidia web driver and set the flag "nvda_drv=1" on config.plist

3. For Audio : http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143757-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html

[SOLVED] OS X Installation on Gigabyte Z97x Gaming 3

Sorry for this late answer... I wasn't able to test anything before.

I did everything like you told me too, with a fresh USB, and everything works perfectly (well almost) !
So thank you all for your help.

Still, I have two issues.
The first one is with my boot, now that I've install clover, I can't boot on windows from the EFI (I only can from the BIOS) any ideas ?

The second is that I've only got one screen working, a DVI connected one, but I can't get anything from my main HDMI connected one.
I've installed NvidiaWebDriver with CUDA and it's working.
My only boots tags are nvda_drv=1 and kext-dev-mode=1
I'm on OS X 10.10.5.Thanks again, and sorry for being so late, I wasn't home.

PS: I had to set to false the Nvidia Injection, everything is fine now !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back