Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did everything as instructed, same deal as last updates.. Again audio device disappeared and I had to revert to the 6.1 Driver. Also the boot0: done error I am having remains. Apparently the new GPU ATI drivers for 10.9.5 didn't do much for that.. (It's my GPU that causes the boot0: done error, when I remove it I am booting fine, while now I have to boot with a usb stick .. but that's another story).

System: GA-X79-UP4, i7-4930K, EVGA GeForce GTX 760

Followed Stork's direction, after the final reboot no audio (used Multibeast 6.5).
Under system preferences->sound no audio for input nor output.

Used Multibeaset 6.0.1 and installed without DSDT Realtek ALCxxx->ALC892
Reboot and sound is back.

Audio failed on my Sabertooth P67 (ALC 892) fixed by reinstalling drivers from 6.2.1

Just updated my probook 4530s to 10.9.5 followed the directions but got a kernel panic had to boot w/safe mode and graphics enabler no and go through the probook installer steps again to get audio and a few other things to work but so far everything is back to normal

System: Gigabyte GA-Q77M-D2H, onboard grapics, onboard intel nic, onboard ALC 887 audio.

Went from: OSX 10.9.3/Multibeast 6.3
to: OSX 10.9.5 (from Appstore) / Multibeast 6.5 (did full install)

Result: Update as such went through without any problems at all. Two issues:

- can't sleep with power button, I have to use Apple menu/Sleep. Anyone know why?
- no audio after (manual) sleep. Installed ALC887 driver from MB6.3 and now it works after sleep

Article: OS X 10.9.5 Update

For the GA-Z77-DS3H i use the Multibeast 6.1 only for repairing audio and that works fine for me...

I need to update my GA-Z77-DS3H from 10.9.3 to 10.9.5. So you say after repairing permissions, backup and combo install of 10.9.5 i only need to run Multibeast 6.1 to repair audio and that's it? But i probably also have to repair the ethernet bug with the AtherosL1cEthernet.kext as described over here, right?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/87698-ga-z77-ds3h-system-freeze-file-transfers-2.html

OH
me oh my oh.
a simple by the book update and suddenly im back somewhere in the dark dark past and WAITING FOR ROOT DEVICE'...
i had this error ages ago and really cannot remember how i gotr out of it... all of the fixes that google come up with are painfully familiar yet noone of which seem to work.
i have even gone fresh install and the latest multibeast, yet still a slow down on verbose boot around the geforce (pci2) and then waiting for root device.

i seem to remember i even hoovered the case last time, perhaps that fixed it hahahahahaha

help!!!

Article: OS X 10.9.5 Update

I need to update my GA-Z77-DS3H from 10.9.3 to 10.9.5. So you say after repairing permissions, backup and combo install of 10.9.5 i only need to run Multibeast 6.1 to repair audio and that's it? But i probably also have to repair the ethernet bug with the AtherosL1cEthernet.kext as described over here, right?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/87698-ga-z77-ds3h-system-freeze-file-transfers-2.html
See my post here. Note the "important note." :thumbup:

Dear TonyMac Team Thank You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back