Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.9.5 Update

Installed today morning on my Z97 mainboard without any issues....Just clicked to update, installed, rebooted and everything is working fine. But I'm using PCIE graphics card Ati 5670 and PCI sound card SB Audigy.. not internal.

so your SB Audigy works natively wit OSX? no drivers ?

System:

Gigabyte H87M-D3H / Xeon E3 1230 V3 / 8GB Ram / GTX 760

I won't get any sound with ALC892 on 10.9.5. What i tried:

1. Followed Update guide from Stork
2. Injection method from Forum sticky thread
3. Fresh install with 10.9.5 & MB 6.5
4. Tried with ALC892 from lower MultiBeast

After all no Sound on OS X, on Windows works Fine. Am i missing something?

System:

Gigabyte H87M-D3H / Xeon E3 1230 V3 / 8GB Ram / GTX 760

I won't get any sound with ALC892 on 10.9.5. What i tried:

1. Followed Update guide from Stork
2. Injection method from Forum sticky thread
3. Fresh install with 10.9.5 & MB 6.5
4. Tried with ALC892 from lower MultiBeast

After all no Sound on OS X, on Windows works Fine. Am i missing something?

Rerun MultiBeast 6.5.0 again, just loading the audio kext. Reboot. Repair permissions, again. That should do it. Sometimes, audio needs a kick in the pants. :thumbup:

i just clean install 10.9.5,
everything went ok except when i install audio ALC 887/888 with multiBeast 6.4.2 i got black screen ( no signal ) when i restart.
I am using
Mother Board: Asus P877-M
Graphic Card : Asus geforce gtx 650

Anyone have the same problem ?

I recently fix the problem by Delete the HDAEnable=Yes and install the Audio from MultiBeats 6.0.1. It appeared that the latest MultiBeats Audio have some problems.

Anybody know if 10.9.5 addresses the "bash bug" aka "shellshock" that was recently announced??? It's reported as affecting Mac OSX.

My GA-Z87-D3H Crucial MX100 512GB SSD build is totally dead in the water, I suddenly can't even boot from the unibeast USB with any option including -x , -f ,v , UseKernelCache=No...
Rebooted and reset bios a bunch of times no change.
I got it going, did a few reboots with all non essential USBs plugged in and rebooted with PCIRootUID=0 maxmem=4096 etc and kind of nursed it back to normal.
i will never know what sends it off to this bad moods so to speak. But it's great now.

Just upgraded to 10.9.5. Everything went smoothly as described in the guide. Multibeast 6.5 is a charm. Just "refreshed" audio and ethernet. Wonderful. Thanks tonymac and MacMan!

Last edited:
Wow, this totally broke my system. Never happened before.

Nvidia wouldn't run my second monitor although it was listed as attached. Audio wouldn't work. The more recent atherosL1c network driver wouldn't work. Totally fubar.

Good thing I had a backup... I'll probably just wait until 10.10, hopefully it'll work! Maybe it's time to move to Clover...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back