Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Followed Stork's guide as well, and went smooth as butter!
GA-H87M-D3H motherboard here.

Article: OS X 10.9.5 Update

GA-H97N-wifi. Did the multibeast reinstall and permission repair as mentioned, but now I could only boot with safe mode, otherwise it gets stuck with the spinning circle.

Same here mate, please inform if you find a solution.
Asus Sabertooth P67 here
i7 P2600 CPU
Samsung EVO 840 120GB SSD
Asus GTX460 SE 1GDDR3
16GB RAM

No problems updating to 10.9.5, needed to re-apply audio drivers and trim.
GA-H81M-DS2

Motherboard = GA-Z87X-D3H - intel HD4600 - audio on board ALC892
Updated following Storks instructions everything worked checked sound after sleep and it was still not working, please fix this in the next MB update.
I fixed my audio using MB 6.1.0 applying No DSDT - Al892 Now all works

I successfully updated my Gigabyte Z87M-D3H/EVGA GTX 760/i7 4790K system to 10.9.5 using software update and then:

1. Booted in safe mode (boot option -x) (panic without safe mode)
2. Removed /System/Library/Extensions/AppleTyMCEDriver.kext (this had been re-added by the 10.9.5 update)
3. Rebooted
4. Used MultiBeast to reenable sound (ALC892) and TRIM for my EVO 840 SSD
5. Updated NVIDEA web driver using the NVIDEA control panel
6. Rebooted

Everything seems to be working so far, except that there is a regression on audio after sleep (no audio after sleep). This worked on 10.9.4.

Same happend to me. But it's not a problem with a good working bootable SuperDuper Backup on an external disk. For the 10.9.4 update I had to do the same. As for your audio sleep problem just install the ALC 892 driver from MultBeast 6.1.0 that works everytime. I hope with Yosemite there will be a real fix from Apple.

I just finished updating my GA-Z87MX-D3H based system to 10.9.5. I followed Stork's best practices for updates and had no issues with the update. Audio worked after running MultiBeast. I also updated the Intel network driver to the latest version 3.1.0.

I did run into a problem with MultiBeast when I went to save my updated configuration file. I hit the attached error message.

Eventually, I managed to get the file saved, but it was unclear why the error occurred. It seemed like the error occurred on the Build screen. But, the file saved from the Drivers screen. When the error first occurred, I thought it was caused by the file name I was trying to use (it contained several period characters). However, even the cleanest of file names would not work (e.g. a.mb).

All things considered, a fairly smooth update.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-19 at 9.02.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-19 at 9.02.22 AM.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 105
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back