Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.9.5 Update

Z77 DS3H + Intel HD4000 + DSDT + Clover r2890 + OSX Mavericks 10.9.5

• Repaired Permissions > App Store software update method > installed > Rebooted
  • Almost everything working including sleep, wake, IOGear GBU521 Bluetooth 4.0
  • I have Clover configured to patch Trim and Audio on the fly which works well so no re-installing kexts but Realtek Audio broke after sleep so Almost..

Use Multibeast 6.1 to repair your audio. I had that same issue and anytime I update, using the old Multibeast works fixes the issue.

The update went smooth as silk on all my 4 CustoMacs. Only audio had to be reinstalled, as expected. Please see my profile for the MBs.

Easy update on my Z68XP-UD4. I've been holding off on updating to 10.9.4 because everything worked so well but installed 10.9.5 without a hitch. Steps:

1. Repair permissions
2. Backup to second hard disk
3. Installed Chimera 3.0.1 and reboot (have been putting this off for a while)
3. Run the Combo Update and reboot
4. Run MultiBeast and load FakeSMC and AppleHDA audio drivers (ALC889)
5. Repair permissions again and reboot
6. All is good
7. Run software update and install Safari 7.1

Thanks all.....

Updated my system according to the instructions and absolutely no problems or issues at all afterwards. GA-B75M-D3H with i3-3225 still running great:)

Spang1974

Yes, the B75M is a great and extremely cheap MB for CustoMacs :) I have the HD3 version with the same CPU you have :)

Updated ASUS P7P55D Pro Motherboard with i7 860 processor successfully. Ran the update, updated Nvidia web drivers, had to reenable trim and reinstall the bluetooth kext file for my adapter. I didn't need to reinstall sound driver.

I updated my Thunderbolt system (see signature block) as per my post #2. Audio disappeared after an auto sleep then wake-up. I manually put it to sleep for 10 seconds, woke it up and audio returned. If this is a PITA for you to do, use the appropriate audio driver from MultiBeast v6.2.2. :thumbup:

So far so good with Z77 UP5-TH

Installed some additional drivers in MultiBeast, and upon restart had no internet. After re-installing the Ethernet driver by itself, repair permissions, and rebuild kext caches, she fired right up.

I'm 2 years strong with this CustoMac! Might be time to start thinking about a new build, just for fun.... :D

Many thanks to Tony, Stork, MacMan, and everyone else who has kept this site and support going!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back