Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated my X58A-UD5 board and am getting routine crashes at about 100 sec. into boot. I have an SSD drive and updated TRIM. No kernel panic, just locks up. Was getting this routinely then used UseKernelCache=No at boot, system was up for 2 days. Rebooted system and getting consistent crashes again even with UseKernelCache=No.

Asus P8H61-MX R.2.0, Inno3D GT640 update OK.

used MultiBeast 6.2 to post install 'cause with 6.3 got panic, needed to install GENERIC USBXHCI to solve frequent freeze during work. Now looks fine
. Thanks

My 10.9.2 Hackintosh (with MultiBeast 6.2) took the update automagically and only the sound broke. Re-ran MultiBeast 6.2 and loaded config. Everything went back up no issue. Question for Stork since I am fairly new to this: Why repair disk permissions before and after?

• Gigabyte Z87
  • Samsung 840 EVO
  • Crucial Ballistix 8GB
  • i5-4570
  • Corsair CS Series 550
  • Corsair Carbide 300R
  • LG Internal BD-ROM

Article: OS X 10.9.3 Update

gzaros said:
...Why repair disk permissions before and after?
This thread is not for troubleshooting or assistance.

Post for help in the appropriate forum.

this update made my graphics card not work. I get to the apple logo but as soon as the login screen is about to appear the monitor says that "HDMI not connected" i'm running a z87n-Wifi motherboard and a gtx 770. anyone have a fix for this? would a displayport cable work or will I have to reinstall the whole OS?

Same problem here after updating to 10.9.3 with apple store and with the combo update and latest multi beast.
Seems that the GeForce can't be recognized (i have a 770 4gb)

I did the update after a fresh install of the 10.9.1 because of my USB was ready.
Someone tried updating with a fresh UniBeast install with 10.9.3?

Now i'm installing the update but with the system definition to the latest iMac. Previously was on latest MacPro.
always after a fresh install of 10.9.1 with latest multi beast and
GraphicsEnabler=NO
internal gpu =YES (no flag on multibeast)

IT WORKS, reached the desktop. Only changed system information on iMac...

Audio works. After changing the system definition to iMac all seems to work fine.

I found installed this GPU driver: 310.40.35f08 instead of 334.01.01f01.
And later i downloaded Cuda Driver: 6.0.46
My 770GTX seems to run cooler, without power control problems even with "standards" nvidia drivers that are into the 10.9.3 update (see memory & core freq in the picture below).

i found a problem: the previews of my video files have a strange image..

Attachments

• Schermata 2014-06-28 alle 18.14.03.png
    Schermata 2014-06-28 alle 18.14.03.png
    13.7 KB · Views: 154
  • Schermata 2014-06-28 alle 18.26.04.png
    Schermata 2014-06-28 alle 18.26.04.png
    203 KB · Views: 150

Audio works. After changing the system definition to iMac all seems to work fine.

I found installed this GPU driver: 310.40.35f08 instead of 334.01.01f01.
And later i downloaded Cuda Driver: 6.0.46
My 770GTX seems to run cooler, without power control problems even with "standards" nvidia drivers that are into the 10.9.3 update (see memory & core freq in the picture below).

i found a problem: the previews of my video files have a strange image..

installed nvidia web drivers 334.01.01f01 to see if that preview problem was fixed but nothing... same issue on preview files

Followed Stork's original instructions to the letter and everything worked perfectly. Many thanks to Tony and the gang; this just keeps getting easier and easier!

Here's the step by step way to update:
:ch: Repair Permissions using the Disk Utility on the drive to be updated;*
:ch: Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;
:ch: Download the latest MultiBeast for Mavericks which has the latest ACL8xy audio drivers**;
:ch: Use the Software Update to download and install 10.9.3 (recommend using the Combo Update);
:ch: Re-boot;
:ch: Run MultiBeast for Mavericks and just select your audio driver to install and TRIM (if needed);
:ch: Re-boot; and
:ch: Repair Permissions again.*​

If you have TRIM enabled, check to see if it was affected by this update.

* You can use the Terminal instead of Disk Utility if you feel comfortable with a UNIX command:
Code:
sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

**Important: If you've used a MultiBeast version previous to MulitBeast version 6.3 and updated to 10.9.3, you should do a complete MultiBeast configuration "load" using your previously saved ".mb" file. Multibeast 6.3 changes how audio is done and needs Chimera v3+ to run correctly.

This should be bolded highlighted and upper case!!! Everything worked for me!

**Important: If you've used a MultiBeast version previous to MulitBeast version 6.3 and updated to 10.9.3, you should do a complete MultiBeast configuration "load" using your previously saved ".mb" file. Multibeast 6.3 changes how audio is done and needs Chimera v3+ to run correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back