Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I boot just with usekernelcache=no help please

Article: OS X 10.9.3 Update

:crazy: After update Boot just with usekernelcache=no help please!!!

I have a minor sleep issue with GA-H81-HD3 after 10.8.3 update. After waking the system the screen flashes once, then my Magic Mouse is not responding for 10-20 seconds. After that everything is fine but a bit annoying.

Anyone having the same problem?

// Now the issue gone, after 2-3 sleep-wake cycle, I didn't change anything (?)

Anyone try this with a Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 using the build in graphics? Especially if the dual monitor (DVI and HDMI) still work right?

I installed this on a MacPro (2008 real MacPro) and it killed the dual display ability on it. Seems to be a rampant bug in 10.9.3.
I'm using the MacMini5,1 system definition to run two monitors with my Zorro build. Since my Son-of-Zorro build has a graphics card, I can use the MacPro3,1 default SysDef w/o any problems. I had no problems updating to 10.9.3 with either Z68X-UD3H build. See my post here for my update procedure.

Everything besides my Nvidia gfx works.
I have a GTX 650, and after upgrading from 10.9.2 to 10.9.3 my display no longer turns on.

I can vnc in, and I've installed the Alternate Graphics Drivers, tried switching between native and Nvidia Web driver, I have GraphicsEnabler=1, and nvda_driver=1.
I've tried uninstalling the Alternate Graphics Drivers again, and while VNC is clearly accelerated, the monitor does not work.

I made sure my TimeMachine settings where set to disable auto backups before I upgraded, and I still have my old backups.
Can anyone point me in the right direction as to which kext I need to restore?

Any pointers are *greatly* appreciated!

EDIT: If I'm leaving some vital information out, it's only out of ignorance/having been out of the hackintosh community for a couple of years, so please let me know :)

EDIT2 (FIX): I fixed the issue. See this post:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...roken-os-x-10-9-3-wary-updating-10-9-2-a.html

Everything besides my Nvidia gfx works.
I have a GTX 650, and after upgrading from 10.9.2 to 10.9.3 my display no longer turns on.[/COLOR]
I can vnc in, and I've installed the Alternate Graphics Drivers, tried switching between native and Nvidia Web driver, I have GraphicsEnabler=1, and nvda_driver=1.
I've tried uninstalling the Alternate Graphics Drivers again, and while VNC is clearly accelerated, the monitor does not work.
GraphicsEnabler is either a "Yes" or "No". In your case, it should be GraphicsEnabler=No.

...EDIT: If I'm leaving some vital information out, it's only out of ignorance/having been out of the hackintosh community for a couple of years, so please let me know :)
Since we're not telepathic, please put your build components in your Profile and/or signature block. In your Profile, System is your motherboard make/model #. See the tonymacx86 Forum Rules and Policies for more information. :thumbup:

The low profile 7750 does indeed work. You need to install /Extra and bootloader to EFI partition thats all.

Thank you for your reply!
So I did the upgrade successfully!
As you can see in my profile I'm using Zotac Z77ITX-A-E in a cube mod with the Radeon 7750 from sapphire.
I couldn't get 10.9.2 to work with it.
The combo update from 10.9.1 to 10.9.3 was totally smooth, GPU still recognized as 7xxx Radeon.
One other thing I noticed: I hat terrible graphics performance on bioshock infinite in 10.9.1, very choppy. Now it runs smooth as butter!?
Sadly I haven't done any benchmarking prior to update to verify that.
So to everybody that had problems with der 7750 in 10.9.2...give the new update a try!
Cheers,
Fleisch

Since we're not telepathic, please put your build components in your Profile and/or signature block. In your Profile, System is your motherboard make/model #. See the tonymacx86 Forum Rules and Policies for more information. :thumbup:

Thanks for the heads up, I've updated my profile, signature and set GraphicsEnabler back to No :)

Unfortunately it still persists, but I'll make a new thread of it. It worked fine in 10.9.2, so I hope I can make it work by using the old <some> kext :)

EDIT: Fixed it by restoring GeForce*.kext and a couple of other NVDA*.kext files (from 10.9.2 backup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back