Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
everything perfect, I just had to reinstall the audio kext AC 892 (
I use a CustoMac Budget (ATX) in December 2013 with asus GTX 660)

Article: OS X 10.9.2 Update

And now after having to re install everything I'm wondering if I should bother updating
to 10.9.2 at all

Think I will sit this one out until the next update I couldn't after a days tribulations
find any cause or reason for this update to create such problems with my entire usb
bus.

tried every combination of usb kext addition and removal I could think of nothing on this
hackingtosh has given me nay where near this amount of hassle so far which leads me to think it's something else silly that apple have done

I guess it's like they say if it ain't broke don't fix it.
I may reinvestigate this update in a bit or wait for the next one

goto fail exploit is a big deal and definitely worth the effort in upgrading your system.

http://www.zdnet.com/apples-goto-fail-needs-a-massive-culture-change-to-fix-7000026783/

I've got one problem with this update.
I was installing "Elder Scroll Online (Beta)" it was half way installed. After the update it again starts from zero all downloaded files were gone :(

For those of us having the issue of iSight not working, or the continuous crashing and restarting of VDCAssistant: There is a discussion on the Apple support website which suggested that the cause was Air Display (or any program that re-arranges the display output, number of screens, etc). As for me, I uninstalled Air Display, and the problem was solved, both on my Macbook Pro and Hackintosh.

Otherwise, my only other issue is that Chrome seems to take an unusually long time to start compared to 10.8.x, 10.9.1 on both my Macbook and Hackintosh.

a

Last edited:
The update went smoothly, but strangely enough I lost my wi-fi adaptor (TP-Link) that worked nicely from 10.8.x to 10.9.1. When I tried to rebuild kernel caches (kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel) I got several errors similar to 'vtable for Atheros40 is malformed.’ This was cured by reinstallation of IO80211Family.kext from 10.9.1 backup.

I´ve lost my sound after update and use Voodoo. So I didnt need to reinstall, BUT I´ve MUST to delete AppleHDA.kext and repair permissions.
It worked smooth to me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back