Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated to 10.9.2 using update through the Mac App Store. Rebooted and sound still works. Did not have to re-apply audio from MultiBeast. That must a first.

all perfect here....

motherboard: gigabyte: GA-EX58-UD3R

THANK YOUUUUU!!!!

Combo update didn't work for me. Software update worked great though. Just had to fix audio afterward. GA-Z77X-UD5H, i5-2500k, and EVGA GTX 650 Ti Boost sc.

My Setup doesn't like 10.9.2 cannot boot at all - tried to make a fresh USB install with 10.9.2 and it wont boot from the USB either. went back to 10.9.1 that works fine.

Setup is:
GA-X79-UP4
3x GTX670 SLI

Article: OS X 10.9.2 Update

No problem with update.
The only thing i had to install was the driver for Nvidia.
but it booted with no problem.

Followed the steps. No problems. Easiest update so far.

Sapphire R9 270x VaporX unchanged in performance. The edited kexts I had were replaced so it says 7xxx in the sys profile instead of R9 270x. Performance unaffected.

Just did the update....directly from iTunes. So far so good...no sound after reboot. Ran Multibeast, and installed audio drivers ALC898 no DSDT (Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H mobo). Sound back like it was before.

Hi Stork,

Thanks for your detailed tips . I have one question , you mention Carbon Copy or SuperDuper as a backup method. Hav you managed to successfully restore from a previous backup using CC or Super Duper ?

could you share that proicess as well please , very keen to try it.

thanx again for your support,
Vince

Here's the step by step way to update:
:ch: Repair Permissions using the Disk Utility on the drive to be updated;*
:ch: Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;
:ch: Use the Software Update to download and install 10.9.2 (recommend using the Combo Update);
:ch: Re-boot;
:ch: Run MultiBeast for Mavericks and just select your audio driver to install and TRIM (if needed);
:ch: Re-boot; and
:ch: Repair Permissions again.​

If you have TRIM enabled, check to see if it was affected by this update.

* You can use the Terminal instead of Disk Utility if you feel comfortable with a UNIX command:
Code:
sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back