Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
h87m-hd3 / i5-4570 with intel HD4600 / samsung evo basic
update worked like a charm - used the software update from mac app store

checked ALC887 current (soundcard on my board) and trim enabler on multibeast, restarted and that's it.

Good luck everyone!

Article: OS X 10.9.2 Update

Be sure you r using the same boot flags you use during your initial install mine wouldn't boot normally and i had to use -x GraphicEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000 which is what i had to use originally to get to the install screen

That actually works/gets me in!! I just can't figure out what's going wrong that it won't boot outside safe mode.

logitech c920 problem. no video.

- - - Updated - - -

have u found a fix for this?! I'm having the same issue!

same with my webcam after update. need help.

So I've tried all of the Buffers..no luck
Also tried AtiPort=
Still black screen. Mac is accessible through Network.
Shouldn't have upgraded that quickly :(

You use mini DisplayPort?
try connect monitor via DVI...

Ok, guys, I did the update BUT I'm here to help...
It seems that 10.9.2 has PROBLEMS WITH EXTERNAL DISPLAYS (99% of hackintosh?), and because of that, when I rebooted, after the apple loading screen, my monitor shut off.
I have a GA-Z87n-WIFI, with i5-4670K and HD Graphics 4600.
What did I do? Simply UNPLUG HDMI MONITOR AND CONNECT IT VIA DVI. I don't know why, but it worked (after going crazy with secure boot, -x, -v, IGP...)
Hope this helps somebody!
(I apologize for my bad English).

Ok, guys, I did the update BUT I'm here to help...
It seems that 10.9.2 has PROBLEMS WITH EXTERNAL DISPLAYS (99% of hackintosh?), and because of that, when I rebooted, after the apple loading screen, my monitor shut off.
I have a GA-Z87n-WIFI, with i5-4670K and HD Graphics 4600.
What did I do? Simply UNPLUG HDMI MONITOR AND CONNECT IT VIA DVI. I don't f***cking know why, but it worked (after going crazy with secure boot, -x, -v, IGP...)
Hope this helps somebody!
(I apologize for my bad english).

This worked for me as well but this is not a 100% fix. I have severe digital noise in the image after booting to the login screen and desktop. Luckily this is fixed by putting the computer to sleep and then waking it up. Performance has also decreased by 25% due to the new drivers. Don't get me wrong. I'm glad it's working with the DVI cable but for many of us we're in worse shape with 10.9.2 then we were before.

This worked for me... But then I don't get CL/QE graphics acceleration ! I'm using a 5770 with mini DP to and apple Cinema Display 27".

Any help?

You are my friend, confirmed working! :)

Worked okay with a GA-Z87MX-D3H triple booting Windows 7 Pro, Ubuntu 12.04, and OS-X 10.9.2. Actually it works better than before because during the first install I forgot to enable audio when I did the 10.9.1 install (BTW, where is the alleged DSDT database since the link to it doesn't lead to it!).

Issues:

1. OS-X 10.9.2 swapped the drive IDs of the Windows and Ubuntu hard drives so if you use "diskutil list" the drive IDs are not the same as what Chimera is using. This is important if you're hiding partitions in Boot.plist since you need to use the drive ID's that Chimera uses.

2. You still cannot hide drive partitions by using the name of the volume, but this is a bug in Chimera, not in OS-X. Hiding by drive IDs works fine.

3. Maybe 20% of the time the system never finishes booting OS-X and a hard reset is necessary, then it boots fine.

4. Still no HDMI audio, but I did not expect 10.9.2 to fix this. Has anyone ever gotten HDMI audio to work?

Installed update using the combo, works fine, but after that the appstore do not initiate a session !

It is an Ultrabook Asus UX32VD

The msg are something like "your device cannot be verified, contact your support"

I am not sure about msg because my mac os Are in Brazilian portuguese, I translated back to english ...

Anyone have any idea ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back