Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.9.2 Update

Updated fine on my Sabertooth x79 with OC 3930K i7 but no significant improvements for power management both on my motherboard/cpu nor my GTX 680. (With latest CUDA).

Dave

Hi Dave, please can you provide me with your Bios Version ? and what boot flags you used to get to installer screen.

Thanks

How would one find out the ATi framebuffer profile for their card? Is there a list somewhere that I haven't been able to find?

I have the Apple 5770.

I would not know my card works natively with GraphicsEnable=yes !

Having an annoying issue after upgrading from 10.9.1. I have a Radeon HD 5670 and Radeon HD 5770 powering 4 monitors. The 5770 has dual DVI and a DP connection whilst the 5670 has a single DVI output. On 10.9.1 this all worked without any boot flags. On 10.9.2. I had to add GraphicsEnabler=Yes to get my machine to boot past the apple logo. The HD 5770 and the 3 connected displays are working okay, however the 5670 connected monitor reports, 'No Signal'.

The System info shows both cards and all attached monitors. If I switch DVI output on the 5670 the display listing goes away so it is definitely seeing it on the DVI port and pulling the correct display properties from the EDID. It's just not sending anything to it.

Any ideas on how to turn it on?

EDIT: Fixed it by adding AtiConfig=Vervet to my Boot flags. Both Cards and all monitors are working again.

Regarding my previous post, screenshots attached. Also I booted with just the 5670 attached and it worked fine.

Attachments

• 5660.png
    5660.png
    110.3 KB · Views: 143
  • 5770.png
    5770.png
    141.7 KB · Views: 143
Update went fine until i reinstalled the audio drivers, couldn't boot with those. So i booted in safe mode (luckily that worked) and removed the audio drivers manually. This fixed the problem but now i don't have any audio, every time i reinstall the drivers i'm unable to boot. Does anyone have a solution?

EDIT: The realtek chipset on my mobo is ALC892

Saying "working fine" without any details about your motherboard or other hardware is useless. I'm glad all is working on mystery setup?

Post a pic of the kernel panic... You may need to use the patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kext provided in MultiBeast to get back up and running.

Thanks!!! I had a backup of 10.9.1 and I copied the Kext that you mentioned and have booted 3 times with no problems.

Please help! Friend installed 10.9.2 update without my knowledge now I'm getting kernel panics at boot. If it does load, it freezes moments after logging in!

Post a pic of the kernel panic... You may need to use the patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kext provided in MultiBeast to get back up and running.
Im having same exact issue!! Please help, same exact setup except my board is ud5h.. How did you solve your issue?

Anyone who helps me out is a saint :( -- I cannot, for the life of me, get my audio back.

I've upgraded from 10.9.1 to 10.9.2 via the appstore, then used latest Multibeast for Trim and Audio -- ALC898 without DSDT...

After restarting, I still have no audio, and the volume control in the menu bar is grayed out. I've tried manually removing both the AppleHDA and HDAEnabler1 kexts, then redoing Multibeast. Still nothing. I've also tried deleting the kexts and just dragging over the two files from my Clone backup. Still nothing :( I'm at the end of my rope -- Can anyone deliver me from this agony? What could be causing it not to function? :/

My specs:
Motherboard - GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
Processor - Intel i7-3770K

Thanks, guys.

Probably not the answer you were looking for, but I have the same configuration as your system. I got so fed up with audio not working after patch. Even when it did work, the quality was bad and I had to try both front and back audio ports. Just a real pain to get quality audio working. I got a nice USB solution from Creative - Sound Blaster Omni and it even has Mac drivers. I also just tried a Bose Soundlink Mini via bluetooth and the sound is awesome. Will probably stay with that long term. The only downside to the Bose is no headphone port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back