Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

My system is a ACER-AM7720 custom Motherboard with Core i7-920 and a Nvidia GT 640 video card. After a fresh install, sound does not work (of course). After running Multibeast, sound works perfectly well with the most basic Voodoo driver, but its dead silent after re-start. How can I get the sound back?

Please go in details as I am not familiar with editing Kexts and things like that.

Thanks!

Article: Update Your Mavericks App to 10.9.1

Updated day of release on 2 Hackintoshes. No issues other than audio reinstall via Multibeast

Hi, I do have the same problem but I dont know which audio reinstall.

Could you help me?

Thanks a lot.

Article: OS X 10.9.1 Update

any one try this update?

I just installed Mavericks 9.1 and ran it for 2 days. I'm uninstalling and returning to Mountain Lion. Constant program hangs and needs rebuilding of permissions once to twice daily.

Here's the step by step way to update:
:ch: Repair Permissions using the Disk Utility on the drive to be updated;*
:ch: Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;
:ch: Use the Software Update to download and install 10.9.1;
:ch: Re-boot;
:ch: Run MultiBeast v6.01+ and just select your audio driver to install;
:ch: Re-boot; and
:ch: Repair Permissions again.​

If you have TRIM enabled, it is unaffected by this update. :thumbup:

* You can use the Terminal instead of Disk Utility if you feel comfortable with a UNIX command:
Code:
sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

Thanks for the instructions - I am currently on 10.9, and don't want to loose all of the software that i have installed on my machine. I am sure that you have probably already answered this questions, but do the instructions you have listed just override the OS, or just update so that I can keep all of my settings, apps, etc.

Thanks so much in advance - so thankful for all of the info that you guys provide to everyone.

Brianna

Here's the step by step way to update:
:ch: Repair Permissions using the Disk Utility on the drive to be updated;*
:ch: Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;
:ch: Use the Software Update to download and install 10.9.1;
:ch: Re-boot;
:ch: Run MultiBeast v6.01+ and just select your audio driver to install;
:ch: Re-boot; and
:ch: Repair Permissions again.​

If you have TRIM enabled, it is unaffected by this update. :thumbup:

* You can use the Terminal instead of Disk Utility if you feel comfortable with a UNIX command:
Code:
sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

How do I find out what my audio driver is?

Look at the specifications for your motherboard at the manufacturers website or in the manual that came with it.

Mine said it was IDT 92HD87 But I am trying to use MultiBeast to fix the sound but it doesnt have my options on there. And how do I know to use With DSDT or Without DSDT? Or if I have to Choose a Voodoo HDA, which one will work with a Probook6560b.

Hi, I updated to from OS X from 10.9.0 to 10.9.1 and now my sounds doesn't work.

The person who made my computer doesn't live near me anymore and I have no clue how to update audio drivers. I didn't know updated would mess with the sound.

Is there anyway you can write a step by step on how to fix the sound for a probook 6560b.

I was trying to fix it with MultiBeast but I dont know how to tell if I need to use Realtek with DSDT or Without DSDT and I am not sure which one to click under the tabs.

I looked up my audio driver which is IDT 92HD87 but that isnt one of the choices listed.

Please someone help!!

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back