Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a PSA to anyone using the Lion DVDPlayback.framwork fix to get DVD player working in 10.8.x - be sure to remove the Lion framework file version before the update and then reinstall once update is complete (Full DVD PLayer functionality) 10.8.5 installer updates this file as well and causes an initialization error message when trying to use the DVD player app.

10.8.5 fixed broken sleep on my DC3217IYE NUC. Been trying for days to get it working. Installed the combo update, patched AICPUPM kext, re-enabled trim and rebooted. Sleep/Rewake works flawless now.

Thanks Apple!

Article: OS X 10.8.5 Update

I found the SOLUTION for the BLUETOOTH PROBLEM, posted by user [email protected]
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5304985

Now my Targus (Broadcom based) Bluetooth adapter works fine as before! Some additional detailed help:
First you need to find your bluetooth adapter's info, so open Applications/Utilities/System Information, then scroll to the USB section and check your bluetooth adapter's Product and Vendor ID. Mine is BCM92046DG-CL1ROM:

Product ID: 0x2153
Vendor ID: 0x0a5c

Convert the hexadecimal values to decimal with searching in google. e.g. '0x2153 in decimal'. In my case it's:

Product ID: 8531
Vendor ID: 2652

Now open Finder, choose Go/Go to Folder and paste this location:
/System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext/Contents/

Then open the file 'Info.plist' in TextWrangler (https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/11009/textwrangler) and scroll down to the bottom of the file. I duplicated this block by copy and paste it back to the file:

<key>BroadcomUSBBluetoothHCIController - Targus</key>
<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>IOUSBDevice</string>
<key>idProduct</key>
<integer>8532</integer>
<key>idVendor</key>
<integer>2652</integer>
</dict>

Just by replacing idProduct from 8532 to 8531 and save the Info.plist solved the problem after reboot!

I love you :)

My Targus BT now is alive!
10.8.5 100% working without MultiBeast support :eek:

Asus P7P55D. Sound worked with 10.6.
With 10.8 upgrade I lost audio.
Now, after 10.8.5 upgrade I got "Stiil waiting for root device", but unexpectedly audio is back again!

I'm having a brutal time with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext it kernel panics unless I use NullCPUPowerManagement.kext. This is on a laptop that has a locked bios, Anyone got a patched 10.8.5 AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext working? I had everything (sleep/power management, speedstep etc) working great in 10.8.4.

Just a PSA to anyone using the Lion DVDPlayback.framwork fix to get DVD player working in 10.8.x - be sure to remove the Lion framework file version before the update and then reinstall once update is complete (Full DVD PLayer functionality) 10.8.5 installer updates this file as well and causes an initialization error message when trying to use the DVD player app.

Thanks for the heads up. Because you brought it up, I just now ejected my Ivy Bridge special iBoot disc, put my Cannery Row DVD in so I could test the DVD player, and it worked without incident. Fortunately I didn't have to do anything special.

Now if someone could tell me: (1) how to get my AMD/ATI 5770 [non-Apple] graphics card to work, and (2) if someone else could tell me if it's safe to invest some time doing a Haswell-based ASRock Z87 Extreme6 ML 10.8.5 installation, then I'd have little else to do than drink Gin in the afternoon.

Although I promise, you help me a bit this time, I'll scratch your back next time. Damn I'm having fun teaching my hardware to speak Apple. Steve, I love you.

I attempted an install using the Combo Update. I did forget to delete GenericUSB.XHCI.kext prior to install and received an installation failure message. I thought I was still running 10.8.4 and restarted but received the following kernel panic.

/Users/michaelleduff/Desktop/IMG_0307.jpg

Following a previous post i tried using npci=0x2000 and was able to start my system again with no problem. I deleted the GenericUSB.XHCI.kext and reinstalled even though my system was saying it had 10.8.5 just to make sure I had everything and everything worked out this time.

Attachments

• IMG_0307.jpg
    IMG_0307.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 166
I can only boot in safe mode with -x. On normal boot with -v I get
FireWire GUID XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX is invalid!
repeatedly. boot hangs at that point. No kernel panic, last message before that loop is "creating device utun0".

I have an ASUS P8Z77-V LK motherboard with a i5 3570k Ivy Bridge CPU. Any suggestions?

hi, all

how to get USB 3.0/2.0 back working again.....for GA-z77x-UP4 HT board.. i tested and it works.

if you did the update to 10.8.5 already, Just remove the old ((
GenericUSBXHCI.kext)) or deleted.

1. Download
GenericUSBXHCI 1.2.5 and install it using Kext Wizard 2.
2. In Kext Wizard 2 run (( Maintenance )) for System/Library/Extensions
3. Install Chameleon-2.2svn-r2262.pkg
4. Open terminal and type in this command.

sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

NOW reboot.

Enjoy....

I followed Storks advise and just before reboot I repaired permission again, but it came up with error, but I'd all ready updated so went ahead and rebooted, It went well but no sound, is there any way I can get sound back? Also MP4 films don't play in Quicktime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back