Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.5 Update

The KP, which is associated with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, is caused by not removing the GenericUSBXHCI.kext before updating Mountain Lion to 10.8.5. The KP occurs before any other appropriate message can be displayed.

Follow the procedures in Post #2, and you should have an successful update. (thedavep hint, hint.)

Not touching this until Intel E1000 is updated to work with it.

Although since I still have a working Windows 7 installation on this machine, the only thing I'll really need to do is migrate my Windows programming storage volume back over to NTFS before firing away.

Also, does this update fix the CoreText crash bug?

Hi everybody,

Tried the combo today, my asus u3s6 card isn't recognized anymore. Impossible to boot on Sata III ! Stucked on Still waiting boot device...

Even with the new genericusbhcxi (1.2.5), it doesn't work. Rolled back to 10.8.4 and waiting for a solution:
AHCI 3rd Party SATA kext update?

Any advise welcome!

Tito

Problem Solved:
- remove ncpi=0x3000 from com.Chameleon.boot.plist
- delete GenericUsbhcxi.kext from S/L/E
- install the 10.8.5 combo

Ciao

Updating was easy, but there are dropout problems with the patched 10.8.4 AppleHDA driver. I was running 10.8.5 build 12F33 with the said driver without any problems, but now both iTunes and QuickTime Players are producing dropouts. Same for VLC:(

10.8.5 Update OK

Hi there! I've installed 10.8.5 via app store update everything went fine. After restart I lost audio but I run Multibeast 5.4.3 and re-install the audio driver for ALC898 and all working again

Specs
MB: Z77X UD5H rev 1.0
CPU: Intel I7 3770k
RAM: 16GB
VGA: Zotac NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2048 MB

Greeting people

no ati 7xxxxx work ! i have 7770 ghz 1 go ddr5 ( saphire ) and no ********* work, white screen all time :(
this card work only in ************** native.

Updating was easy, but there are dropout problems with the patched 10.8.4 AppleHDA driver. I was running 10.8.5 build 12F33 with the said driver without any problems, but now both iTunes and QuickTime Players are producing dropouts. Same for VLC:(
So! If you'd fill out your profile with your motherboard (System), etc., we might be able to help you. But, since we're not telepathic....well, you get what I'm talking about. :thumbup: Betcha, you didn't read the Rules when you registered, either.

The KP, which is associated with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, is caused by not removing the GenericUSBXHCI.kext before updating Mountain Lion to 10.8.5. The KP occurs before any other appropriate message can be displayed.

Follow the procedures in Post #2, and you should have an successful update. (thedavep hint, hint.)

Thanks! That was really dumb from me. The reason I didn't follow all the instructions from post #2 was that I actually didn't have the GenericUSBXHCI.kext installed before the update. So I decided I didn't need to install it afterwards anyway. However it is mandatory to install this kext in order to boot w/o KP and get power management work.

Someone knows if it is now supported nativelly? With power management, etc...?
Cheers.

What about the Sandy Bridge-E or Ivy Bridge-E support and X79/C50X chipsets?

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back