Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.5 Update

Does anybody have successful update on Z77MX-d3H with ivy bridge i5 3570k 3.4ghz ???
When I updated, first I've got error, then when I rebooted I've got only a spinning wheel...:(

I have just managed to get a GA-Z77X-UD5H with i7 3770 up and running with the combo update to 10.8.5, so maybe our boards and processors are similar enough?

Anyway, I had major issues getting it working, but in the end I found that setting the BIOS in UEFI for Vt-d DISABLED (on the BIOS Features page in UEFI) sorted it out for me. Just press the delete key when you see the Gigabyte splash screen on startup. Press F1 to view the non-3D BIOS pages. There's a post here on tonymacx86 for the settings you'll need there: www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-guide-configuring-uefi-gigabyte-s-7-series-lga-1155-boards.html

A few other tips: press space (or any other key) when the Chimera boot loader screen appears. Type in the boot flags for verbose and safe mode '-v -x' (without the quotes). Using verbose will give you some idea of what kexts are causing panics, and the safe mode option may actually get you all the way in, which means you can run Multibeast, Kext Utility etc. to try and fix things up, as well as looking in /System/Library/Extensions or viewing/editing the /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file. For the Vt-d setting mentioned above, you can also apparently set a boot flag for 'dart=0' which I haven't tried but is supposed to be useful if there's no setting for that on the UEFI screens for your motherboard.

Also I found for me that Multibeast didn't seem to remove some of the older kexts that are no longer required — e.g. HDAEnabler888.kext which was previously required for my board but now replaced with HDAEnabler1.kext, so it's a good idea to have /System/Library/Extensions open when running Multibeast to double check what's there against the options you've selected in Multibeast.

Gigabyte z68xp-ud4 etc. etc. Install said "Failed to Install". Read here several others had this message, YET 10.8.5 was there when they rebooted.

I ran latest Multibeast BEFORE reboot. Warm boot failed, with repeated failure to start hard disk. Cold boot and everything was there: 10.8.5, sleep and audio. So if you get "Filed to Install" go ahead and try anyway!

Only clue to my problem is computer had been running or sleeping for a couple of weeks at least. I have seen the exact same hard disk start problem and a "bios setup" screen on cold boot. Never has caused any problem other than F10 out of boot screen. This implies the Uafe bios has some disagreement with OS X expected settings???? Have searched a bit about this problem and not found any referencec.

Just FYI for everyone. Computer also gave Error 103 updating i-Tunes after 10.8.5 update, but the latest iTunes did install. Strange.

Updated
I recommend the Combo update instead of the store incremental update. My procedure is to
  1. Download the latest version of MultiBeast for 10.8.5 and read the change file; ...

I have a Gigabyte Z77X-UP4TH and I use this method.It works perfectly.Thanks

After updating to 10.8.5 sleep no longer works. Wakes up after a few seconds. I could only get sleep to work in the past by adding darkwake=8. Now I've tried darkwake=8 and darkwake=0, and removing darkware entirely as explained by Stork in Post #2 of the "Article: 10.8.5 Update, but it just won't sleep. Any ideas?

Same problem here, but I discovered that my pci-Ex Startech PEX1394B3 firewire card broke sleep. Still testing settings in bios...

Do you have any Pci-Ex on your Customac?

I don't have any Pci. I have added a HD which shows up as removable on a Generic AHCI Controller.

The terminal tells me this
Assertion status system-wide:
PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep 0
PreventSystemSleep 0
PreventUserIdleSystemSleep 0
ExternalMedia 1
DisableLowPowerBatteryWarnings 0
UserIsActive 0
ApplePushServiceTask 0
BackgroundTask 1

Listed by owning process:
pid 19(powerd): [0x000000090000012c] 00:06:49 ExternalMedia named: "com.apple.powermanagement.externalmediamounted"
pid 232(helpd): [0x0000000c00000132] 00:06:40 BackgroundTask named: "com.apple.helpd.sdmbuilding"

Anybody else using this Motherboard (B75M-D39) having any issues with unresponsive mouse or keyboard upon booting? and more importantly anybody have a solution? I along with several others have this issue which is linked to the Audio kexts. Would be interested to know if anybody with this motherboard has not had this problem upon using the settings above like Flilot.

Spang1974

i have same issue in my B75 board. using multibease audio kext my mac booting slowly even in login screen mouse and keyboard not working. after that i find kext to solve the issue. i am giving u link of that kext. but before adding this kext please remove your apphda.kext and hdaenabler.kext. Try this link https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54587039/Voodoo.zip

Yeah, unfortunately I have already done that i.e. reformatting. And we are talking about 2 HDDs in the same enclosure. Both of them are getting spit out by OS X after a while :( Unless the enclosure has a specific issue with OS X, the coincidence and the numerous similar complains are too strange. The same enclosure and HDDs have been flawless under 10.8.4 and currently under Ubuntu. Based on the above it makes me think it may be an incompatibility between 10.8.5 and the enclosure or a bug in 10.8.5

In the end I was encountering this issue only with one of my CustoMacs - the one with the GA-B75M-HD3 motherboard. The other two CustoMacs are good - both have GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 mb. I just realized that GA-B75M-HD3 is using Intel USB 3.0 chip while GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 is using Etron. Therefore, removing GenericUSBXHCI.kext from S/L/E for the GA-B75M-HD3 solved the issue since the Intel USB 3.0 chip is supported natively, as Stork has mentioned. Had nothing to do with the USB enclosure or the OS X. I feel embarrassed :(

Installed on my system via Software Update, and it kernel paniced. I restored from my CCC backup and I'm sticking with 10.8.4 until Mavericks comes out I guess.

resolved the USB3.0 issue. Quite simple. In 10.8.5, removed the GenericUSBXHCI.kext from S/L/E. Repair with kext utility. Reboot and back to desktop. Using MB 5.5.2, install only the USB3.0 driver. Reboot and it is resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back