Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to pass along my smooth update results. From 10.8.2 -> 10.8.5.

1. Installed 10.8.5 Combo Update
2. (before rebooting) Ran Multibeast 5.5.2 w/ DSDT-GA-X58A-UD3R-2.0-FC.aml on desktop
[x] UserDSDT
[x] ALC889
[x] Chimera v2.2.1 r2248

nothing else checked. Rebooted and all worked 100%; sleep, audio, network, multi NVidia (GeForce GT520 & GT240) display cards.

Thanks guys!

Article: OS X 10.8.5 Update

Updated
I recommend the Combo update instead of the store incremental update. My procedure is to
  1. Download the latest version of MultiBeast for 10.8.5 and read the change file;
  2. Repair Permissions using the Disk Utility on the drive to be updated;*
  3. Backup your current system with Time Machine or Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;
  4. If you're using the "USB 3 - Universal" (Zenith432's GenericUSBXHCI.kext), remove it from S/L/E folder**;
  5. If you've not done a fresh install recently, you should remove npci=0x3000 from the /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file;
  6. Run the Combo Update - don't reboot yet;
  7. Run the latest MultiBeast to reload only the audio driver and any other updated kexts;
  8. Download the GenericUSBXHCI.kext and install using Kext Utility;
  9. Reboot; and
  10. Repair Permissions again.*
If sleep/wake-up is not properly working, try removing "darkwake=0" from the Kernel Flags in the /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file.
[snip]

Pretty much went exactly as above, from a working 10.8.4 system, except:
4. didn't do this, just left it in there and re-installed with MultiBeast 5.5.2 before Restart
5. didn't do this either, no problems that I know of
7. Realtek ALC889 with DSDT, Trim Enabler: 10.8.3 + TRIM patch, USB 3 Universal
8. not necessary

I never use sleep, so I have no idea if it works or not. Its not worth spending time on, it makes Pro Tools very unhappy. Given the problems of other users getting Mountain Lion to work on my GA-H55-USB3, I'm stoked to have *everything* working: onboard back panel USB 3, eSATA, 1394a, ethernet, S/PDIF. Plus PCIe FW 800, wifi and of course Pro Tools HD3 Accel PCIx with Pro Tools HD 10.3.7.

One more thing, the App Store Apple ID issue was a little weird at first. Asked me to log in, then hung. Went to Sys Prefs>iCloud and it was already logged in. I clicked on Account Details, OK and its fixed. App Store purchases now appear in list.

Would I love an Ivy Bridge board with SATA3 & Thunderbolt? Maybe. But try finding one with 3 adjacent PCIx slots. Fuggedaboutit.

I have noticed on my setup (GA-H55M-UD2H, i5, 16GB RAM) that this update of ML is unstable. I am experiencing random crashes of iMessage and Safari (so far).

Well, with at least Safari, I updated Java and all seems fine. No more random crashes... for now =P. Anyone else experiencing the same issues with Safari since updating to 10.8.5?

does anyone know how to update the firmware for a samsung 840 Pro SSD...or how to get a hackintosh to boot from a bootable CD? One of the posts in this thread said it helps with the 10.8.5 crashes.

When your motherboard splash screen appears....click the button for the boot menu. I believe gigabyte boards is the F12 button. Then you just choose the optical drive.

Just wanted to pass along my smooth update results. From 10.8.2 -> 10.8.5.

1. Installed 10.8.5 Combo Update
2. (before rebooting) Ran Multibeast 5.5.2 w/ DSDT-GA-X58A-UD3R-2.0-FC.aml on desktop
[x] UserDSDT
[x] ALC889
[x] Chimera v2.2.1 r2248

nothing else checked. Rebooted and all worked 100%; sleep, audio, network, multi NVidia (GeForce GT520 & GT240) display cards.

Thanks guys!
Thanks for sharing! I'm about to update my main Pro Tools rig from 10.8.4 to 10.8.5. This freshly built rig (born on 9/9/13) is based on a GA-X58A-OC board, 12gb of Corsair Dominator GT ram, a Samsung 840 Pro 128gb SSD, and an nVidia GTX-285 GFX card.

Crossing my fingers.

HELP!!!!!!!! I updated to 10.8.5 and started my computer and lost audio. So I downloaded Multibeast 5.5.2 Then i tried doing some stuff with the audio and it didn't help. Then I messed with kextbeast that didn't help, So I went into multibeast again messed with more stuff and now My mac will not boot normally and I have to type (-v GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 cpus=1) to get my mac to boot. I still don't have audio and I'm worse then where I started. My friend and I have been digging through this whole site trying to figure out what is wrong. Im not a computer guru and a lot of the wording on here I do not understand. Is there anyone that Can help me over the Phone? I live in the USA. If no one can on the phone can anyone help me on here. I need my mac to work because i use it for my job please somebody help me! My hardware I'm using is Custo macpro socket 2011, 3930K processor.

@gabrieljsmith1 Thanks man your a life saver. I couldn't figure out how to fix my problem for 5 hours then I finally found your post thanks again!

I downloaded and installed this combo update today from the Apple Website.
The file is dated: Post Date: Oct 3, 2013
Was the Supplemental Update 1.0 included in this?

X85A-UD3R combo updated, everything seem work fine, but sound and SATA3 port not working...!!

- i tries reinstall sound driver from MultiBeast 5.5.2 (both with DSDT and without DSDT, unfortunately still not work...)
- and SATA3 port with 2 HD disappear... (Marvell 9128 onboard chipset)

* i used KextWizard to repair permission after re-install sound driver from MultiBeast.

i also try to restore the AppleHDA.kext from Time Machine, but it still not work..

please advise, many thanks...

After I updated to 10.8.5 thru Apple Software...I am stuck at the grey apple logo after about 30sec. to a minute, I get the white square that has a circle with a line through it.

CPU: Intel i7 3930K
CPU Cooling: Corsair H100
GPU: MSI GTX 680 Lightning 2 gig
PSU: Corsair AX750
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz DDR3 (32GB)
Mobo: Asus Sabertooth X79

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back