Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.4 Update

None on my end.

I have a HD 7850 and I actually have had an issue with it. Basically the white screen fix is not kicking in for me but internal graphics do work fine. I have to play around with that for a bit. :roll2:

On the other hand, iMessage works great! This update fixed all my issues

Working OK at B75M-A (Asus) but loosing audio. Kext must be reinstalled after reboot system with Multibeast in order to get audio back again.

Hi Friends, The owners of Fermi Cards this update help to solve the firmi freeze in 10.8.3 or Any graphic performance improvements

Having trouble with my sound after the 10.8.4 update. Had no issues before.

Have an X79 motherboard (Asus sabertooth). Any ideas? I've tried the multibeast default for ALC892, i've tried the interim ivy bridge solution from Toleda... neither work. I get device outputs... they just don't play sound. E.g., when I open up iTunes, it won't start playing the song....

Any ideas??

Re-Install your audio driver from the Lion Multibeast...here is more info:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer

Ok, I've FINALLY figured out the sound issue. The bottom line is that the new MultiBeast 5.1.2 is missing options that are necessary to get the sound working properly.

As seen in the original post, you need to be able to select:

Audio/Realtek ALC8xxx/Unified Device Injector/ALC8xxxHDA
Audio/Realtek ALC8xxx/AppleHDA Rollback
Audio/Realtek ALC8xxx/Non-DSDT HDAEnabler/ALC892

Those options are simply missing in the 5.1.2 version.

So what I did on a clean install is used 5.1.2 to get the boot loader, disk, facesmc, usb 3.0 and network installed. Reboot, inject the npci-0x3000 to get it to boot off the new install.

Once at the desktop, I ran the LION version (4.6.1) of MultiBeast and went to the audio section where I could select the three items listed above.
Reboot.. and sound working like a champ.

So that said, it's looking like I'm 100% though I still have some tweaking for CPU recognition, etc.

FWIW, I am sticking with the last version of the non-cap bios, 1203.

Hope that helps others get the audio situation resolved....

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated through Software Update. Smooth sailing. I did not have to reapply TRIM Enabler.

NVIDIA drivers look to be 310.40; standalone drivers from the NVIDIA web installer were 313.something. Probably not an enormous difference.

Everything looks fine. Interestingly my TRIM was preserved. I am using Intel 520 series.

Also, CUDA asked to update after reboot.

Did not have to reapply generic USB 3.0 driver from multi beast.

GTX 650 Ti 1024MB finally recognized correctly.

What about FIRMI FREEZE with this update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back