Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.3 Update CCC

ya know CCC doesnt make a bootable backup, you have to use the chimera bootloader installer i believe. thats what i did anyways dang new update blew up my system xD cheers mate.

another user on my computer updated to 10.8.3 through the app store and now I can only boot in safe mode. Could I go back to 8.2 then update via the combo? It wouldn't be possible to just run this update to fix my issues, would it?

Article: OS X 10.8.3 Update

GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 UEFI BIOS - ALL WORKING, simply install combo i had one kernel panic upon reboot then shut off machine did reboot works fine.. did not even install any kexts

NOTE: for those with SSD dont forget to re enable TRIM

Can't re enable TRIM :(

HELP!

another user on my computer updated to 10.8.3 through the app store and now I can only boot in safe mode. Could I go back to 8.2 then update via the combo? It wouldn't be possible to just run this update to fix my issues, would it?
Try going into the BIOS and turning internal graphics to "disabled" and see if you can then boot normally. Many of us have had to do this for 10.8.3.

i'm at a loss, need help badly please. i do not want to reinstall from scratch and lose all my settings. I'm running GA-z77-ds3h, sandisk extreme 120, corsair memory. have been running 10.8.1 and then 10.8.2 for over 7 months with zero issue. i tried upgrade to 10.8.3 and now i can't boot from the SSD. I've loaded usb stick and recovered using my time machine backup, everything seemed normal while running and i reinstalled multibeast with same settings. then when i try to reboot no mater what i try -x -v -s -f -F i can't get past grey screen. i do not have a video card, just using the native HD4000 in the i5 processor.

any suggestions, i've read the 30 pages of posts here and can't see anyone having the same problem. thank you for your time

GraphicsEnabler=No ?

i'm at a loss, need help badly please. i do not want to reinstall from scratch and lose all my settings. I'm running GA-z77-ds3h, sandisk extreme 120, corsair memory. have been running 10.8.1 and then 10.8.2 for over 7 months with zero issue. i tried upgrade to 10.8.3 and now i can't boot from the SSD. I've loaded usb stick and recovered using my time machine backup, everything seemed normal while running and i reinstalled multibeast with same settings. then when i try to reboot no mater what i try -x -v -s -f -F i can't get past grey screen. i do not have a video card, just using the native HD4000 in the i5 processor.

any suggestions, i've read the 30 pages of posts here and can't see anyone having the same problem. thank you for your time

The TM backup doesn't copy the chimera boot loader, reinstall it with multi beast. May all go well !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back