Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.3 Update

installed 10.8.3 combo update.. needed to reinstall applehda non dsdt audio driver as im using z68a-d3-b3 uefi bios without dsdt.. also had to disable vt-d in bios to boot into osx because of "vtd 0 fault device" error at startup.. then edited org.chameleon.Boot.plist - added dart=0 to kernel flags so i can re enable vt-d in bios.. also trim enabler from latest multibeast doesnt seem to work.. used http://www.groths.org/package/trim-enabler/

and btw.. auto sleep worked fine in 10.8.2 with darkwake=8 flag in boot plist.. now i cannot get autosleep work with or without any flags.. any toughts?

No problems so far for me. GA-Z77N-WiFI & i5 3750k, using TonyMac DSDT for HDMI and MacMini 6,1 definition. Ran update, deleted /Extras/ and ran current MultiBeast before restart.

Just completed successful update on my Asus P5Q computer with Nvidia GeForce GTX460se Video card. After reboot, no Audio, reinstalled ALC1200_1063/AppleHDA.kext. Reboot, audio OK, then warning about CUDA Update. NVIDIA released latest CUDA driver update today. Also had to repair the DVD Player again. The DVD info is at http://macenstein.com/default/2011/07/how-to-get-your-external-super-drive-working-in-lion/. Only if you get initialization error when playing DVD. All my programs including XPlane 10 etc. are working great. XCODE needs update and will take longer to update then the OSX 10.8.3 did.

Also successfully updated Asus P7P55D Pro computer with Nvidia GeForce GTX650. Only catch here is that with the new Video Card I installed at the same time, the GTX650, if your are loading OS X with Chimera or Chameleon, you must set GraphicsEnabler=No in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist file in The root Extra Folder. DVD Player repair also.

Been using both computers all day and No problems with any programs.

K53SC updated and working as in 10.8.2...

GTX 670 luxmark score dropped to 700 from 1200 after update to 10.8.3
Cuda drivers does not help

Article: OS X 10.8.3 Update

Anyone tried the update who has a GTX 670? I want to update but i also need to finish some video editing project for school so i might have to wait til the semester is over.

i7 2600K
GTX 670
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3

Installed just fine. Quick, easy. Just had to re-run Mulit-Beast to fix sound, and also Chameleon SSD Optimizer to fix TRIM support. Multi-Beast would fix TRIM support after the 10.8.3 update. Also, fixed the glitchy and lagginess of my portrait oriented monitors on my PLP setup. I'm so glad it fixed it because it was very very annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back