Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.3 Update

Update was fine. Required audio from MB. Had to rename the NV and GEForce kexts, etc. to get the new ones to be installed. Despite the new .kext, .plugin, and .bundle files, GTX 650 TI still shows as D14P2-30 in the about This Mac.

---------------------------------------

The NVIDIA D14P2-30 is the 8.3 driver for the 650 Ti. e.g., the 650 Ti GPU = NVIDIA D14P2-30.

Ritey

Sigh...knew I should've waited until someone with my board tried updating. Its a GA-H61N-USB3 and after the update (I didn't run Multibeast previous to the installation assuming that only graphics or audio problems would need to be fixed) it won't boot in safe or verbose and always ends with this error with a different 2 digit number inside the parenthesis every reboot:
Sandbox: sandoxd() deny mach-lookup com.apple.coresymbolicationd
Anyone having this error or know any solutions? Tried Googling it and the only solutions for it were with faulty RAM...

EDIT: Feel kinda dumb...Just booted with GraphicsEnabler=No fine...reinstalled the graphics driver and everything works just as it did about an hour ago before the update. Yay!

All good here on Z77X-UP5 TH with Intel HD4000 graphics.
Used combo installer and then did a reboot
Reinstalled the audio driver from MB and then installed and switched on Trim Enabler.
Another reboot and everything is up and running again.
Thanks everyone.

Trim is working after the chameleon ssd optimizer. ALC 892 audio with DSDT is not working even after reinstalling.

Does anyone know why my VRAM changed from 512MB to 768MB after the update? I'm not saying its a bad thing, I'm just curious. I utilize HD4000 as my only graphics source from my 3570k processor.

Just had to update the audio driver and all is well!

Anybody try to get xfx 6950 with new kexts?

Anybody try to get xfx 6950 with new kexts?

As far as i know the only GFX they were actively working on was 7xxx not 6xxx, I could be wrong though.

Update went smoothly for me, no changes needed. I did the update right from appstore and rebooted, nothing else. :D

Re-enabled trim with MultiBeast didn't work. Had used chameleon ssd optimizer to enable it. There's cuda update notice also but it gone after deleted pref pane. Everything else works fine. Geekbench score still the same. Thank you tonymacx86.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back