Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.2 Update

:!:Updated to 10.8.2 over appstore failed:!:

I have big graphic problems with my AMD Radeon 6870. Only white screen :cry:

First I also had a kernel panic but fixed it by removing the file (which someone told) in FakeSMC.

That worked so my hackintosh started loading the os. But after the text was gone I only saw a white screen.

I tried to plug my screen into different plugs but no luck :thumbdown:

Also with the flag GraphicsEnabler=No I only see white screen.

It really seems that apple did great changes on the graphic kext. :crazy:

Have to recover now from an backup. I will trie to install an clean mountain lion on another harddrive and install the update.

If anyone have an idea why it failed then please tell me :)

BIG SORRY FOR DOUBLE POST! :oops: I thought my post wasnt sent correctly. tonymac seems to be a bit overloaded

After update I've got boot error, grey indicator has spinning forever. After that I've boot in verbose mode and I've saw that loading stopped on line with message about intel vt-d, then I just disabled intel vt-d in bios and system has booted without any error.
my config: Core i7 3770k & gigabyte z77-ds3h

Hi -- same setup as you, but I'm not finding intel vt-d in the bios. Can you explain where you found it?

Updated my GA-Z77-D3H with an i5 Ivy Bridge to 10.8.1 then to 10.8.2 right after. Worked without a hitch. No prep before the update. No need to replace any kexts or reinstall anything. No audio problems, but I have a USB adaptor so that didn't matter. 10 out of 10.

updated my gigabyte up5 th with the combo updater. no sound but its fixed by applying the multi beast patch.
otherwise no problems noticed yet.
enabled trim support and its working as it should.

For those with white screen at boot,try to press the power button for 1 sec to send system to sleep.wait 2 seconds and wake it up.That worked for me.The strange thing is after i updated trough AppStore,when i went to S/L/E there was no ATI6000Controller.kext o.o I applied the Combo Update,and now it's booting normally (i also did the FakeSMC trick).
Till now:
*Pro-Keyboard and mouse work right away when waking from sleep ( Z68 boards had a well known issue with this)
*Con-My audio is FU**ED UP!I only use USB audio (USB sound card for Home theatre system + Logitech G35 USB Headphones) .Both worked natively,now the sound is there,but it's sooooooo bad quality on both :(

my mac has restarted but I have no audio and the video card came back to give me the problems that gave me before installing the Nvidia drivers for 10.8.1. so now i'm waiting for 10.8.2 driver, or is there another way? if i try to install it again tells me that my video card is already fully supported and i can't install them.

Regarding the audio I tried to reinstall everything, HDAEnabler AppleHDA AppleHDARollback, but nothing can be heard.

What can I do?

Asus GT430
alc887
asus p7h55-m usb3

hastily updated from software updater, got stuck with the eternal spinning wheel at boot, restarted and booted into my backup installation, deleted that oemsmbios.kext file, booted up normally, reinstalled my audio from multibeast, and now i'm up and running 100%.

O.G. GA-P55M-UD2. recognize.

I see people are removing the oemsmbios kext but do you guys know what that kext is there for? I have the same problem but don't want to remove it without knowing what it's purpose is first.

What is the purpose of oemsmbios.kext?

Just deleted the OEMsmbios.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins/ like you guys said and it's done.
I had the spinning logo in the apple startup screen.

CPU: i7 920;
VGA: ATI 5850;
BOARD: Gigabyte X58A-UDR3 v1 F6;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back