OS X 10.8.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I successfully updated my Z68MA-D2H-B3 (UEFI) by doing the following:

1. Backup
2. Download and run combo updater.
3. Without restarting, install audio kext (ALC889 w/ DSDT) with MultiBeast
4. Restart
5. Boot -x -v into safe mode (to avoid the kernel panic)
6. In safe mode, copy OemSMBIOS.kext from S/L/E to desktop and delete the kext in S/L/E.
7. Run kext utility and then repair permissions in Disk Utility
8. Reboot and you're booting into 10.8.2!

I updated via Software Update and had the OemSMBIOS.kext issue that I later ended resolving. But in the process I started in safe mode and open MultiBeast and checked the option System>AppleACPIPlatform Rollback and install it. I did it because some one mentioned it in this forum.

Now the hackintosh is getting the infamous "
unable to find driver for this platform: acpi" error. I found out that the file AppleACPIPlatform.kext was missing from the Extensions folder so I just copied it from my MacBook to the hackintosh and repaired permissions (using unibeast). That didn't work.

The only way I can boot up is using -f acpi=off on chimera.

How can I revert this mess?

Article: OS X 10.8.2 Update

Updated fine from 10.8.2 (12C53)

Installed Update (combo) rebooted with -f -x to avoid FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins/OemSMBIOS.kext Panic

Used KextBeast to replace:

AppleACAPIPlatform.kext (to prevent OEMSMBios Panic and still be able to use smbios.plist to set your system info/serial)
AudioHDA.kext (http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/67763-ml-optimized-realtek-applehda-preview-alpha.html)

Re-enabled TRIM support for non Apple SSD's in IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext

Make backup:
Code:
sudo cp /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage.original

Enable TRIM:
Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|(\x52\x6F\x74\x61\x74\x69\x6F\x6E\x61\x6C\x00{1,20})[^\x00]{9}(\x00{1,20}\x4D)|$1\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00$2|sg' /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage

I have attached the above mentioned AppleACAPIPlatform.kext that allows smbios.plist to work without OEMSMBios Panic.
Found here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=282162&view=findpost&p=1852962

Attachments

• AppleACPIPlatform.kext.zip
    232 KB · Views: 173
Probook successfully updated from combo update.

Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
Core i7 3770k OC'ed at 4.5 GHz
2x8GB DDR3 GeiL Black Dragon 1600 MHz
Gigabyte GTX670 Windforce OC
Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB HDD (Where OS X is installed)
A-DATA S510 120GB SSD (Windows 7)

I reinstalled AppleHDA and OpenCL like in the OP before restarting and all works well after restart. This is probably placebo (although I didn't had any expectations in terms of speed) but it seems to me that everything got a bit snappier.

For those of you, who has KP related to OemSmbios.kext, here's a little workaround:
Kext located within /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/
So boot with -x -s, remove this kext
Works fine so far

My problem after upgrading to 10.8.2,
white screen at boot with spinning wheel. I did what you posted now I can boot again thank you.

Updated fine with Z68XP-UD5. I had to re enable sound and that's it.

Never mind. I figured it out. I just run MultiBeast and used the custom DSDT file for my mobo. That did the trick.

Now my hackintosh is updated, up and running.

Thanks for nothing <--- just kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back