CPU
i5 2500k
Graphics
Intel
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Article: OS X 10.8.2 Update

I cannot boot even using -v -x after the update...
It says
ITEIT87x:found ITEIT8728F
I have the same issue. Can't get it to boot even with safe mode. Last lines before above line is related to com.seagate.driver.PowSecLeafDriver failing to load. Not sure if its related or not.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850 1 GB (OC)
Mac
MacBook Air
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS

FOR THOSE WITH RADEON 6XXX SERIES CARDS, BELOW IS THE FIX FOR THE UPDATE (MAC APP STORE OR COMBO UPDATE). I did NOT have OEMSMBios installed via the FakeSMC hardware monitor/tool. (I have the Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850 1GB OC)

After a few days of searching and reading various posts to the 10.8.2 update I successfully updated via the Mac App Store and then fixed the grey screen and spinning wheel issue plaguing so many of us. While I cannot narrow it down to EXACTLY one kext, I came up with replacing two.

1. Copy AppleACPIPlatform.kext and ATI6000Controller.kext from your 10.8.1 /System/Library/Extensions folder.

2. Put either in an email/online repository or place on another drive NOT connected via USB to access from updated Hack while in Safe Mode (USB drives do not work in safe mode)

3. Install update via Mac App Store or Combo Update.

4. Following restart, stop Hack at boot loader screen and enter -x as boot flag on updated drive (enters safe mode).

Important, if still using graphics card and not MOBO graphics to install, safe mode will result in white screen and cursor.

5. Put computer to sleep (press power halfway on most cases), wait about 10 seconds, wake Hack back up (again pressing power button halfway).

6. Place the two kexts (mentioned above and attached to post) on desktop and run KextBeast.

7. Go to disk utility and repair permissions on your 10.8.2 drive and restart.

8. Hack should be good to go!!!

Attachments

Motherboard
GA-Z68-XP-UD3
CPU
Intel Core i7-2600K Processor overclocked to 4.5 GHz
Graphics
XFX HD-687A-ZDFC Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x8
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I needed to remove:
/System/Library/Extensions/Oemsmbios.kext

Steps
Boot computer normally.
At the Chimera screen, press any key to enter the keyboard entry mode.
Enter the boot parameters:
-x -s
-x — boots into safe mode, which disables all extensions
-s — boots into single-user mode, which gives terminal access as root
At the command line, enter the following command to allow modification of files and directories:
/sbin/mount -uw /
Delete the problem kernel extension with the command:
rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/Oemsmbios.kext
Reboot the computer with the command:
reboot

Part of the reason why I needed to go through the above steps was that there was a bug in the version of Chimera that I was using that caused a memory error when booting using the onboard graphics (integrated graphics) instead of the PCI graphics card that I normally use.

Motherboard
p5e3 deluxe
CPU
intel q9550
Graphics
ati 9400
Mac
Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
asus p5e3 deluxe here...

stuck at backtrace oemsmbios, removed oembios.kext
now i get an instant reset when booting, tried -x-s-f but still system reboots after 20 sec without going into gui

Motherboard
z68a-d3-b3
CPU
i7-3770k
Graphics
GTX 650
GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3-B3
For those of you with this main board This update is completely Safe.. i installed 10.8.2 combo update.. rebooted the machine everything worked fine except for audio
So i installed audio drivers again my drivers are from lion 889Beta_Lion_AppleHDA_v2.1.3-2.zip (i simply installed this using kext helper)
my specs
-core i7-2600k
-GTX 570 ( seemed to have gotten better.. i think the nvidia drivers were maybe updated) dual dvi works fine i have my pc and TV
-16GB ram
-SSD ( had to re enable Trim on it)
Cheap logitech wireless keyboard

Motherboard
p5e3 deluxe
CPU
intel q9550
Graphics
ati 9400
Mac
Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
maroder, could you post a compiled version of kozleks smb kext ?

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X99 UD3P
CPU
XEON 2697
Graphics
GTX1060
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Phottus - September 19th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Everything else appears to be ok. Booted fine, and geek bench at 13,300 after update. (64 bit). No sound, but now I have USB 3.0 fresco ok
Successful update using built in updater. Config:

Gigabyte GA - X79-UD3
Core i7 3820
8GB DDR3 1333MHZ
Quadro 600 1GB
Apple cinema display 27@
2X2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM HDD

Motherboard
Sandy Bridge
CPU
3.49 GHz Intel Core i7
Graphics
AMD 6850
Mac
MacBook Air
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS

Played with this 10.8.2 thing five hours.... Tried all methods that are listed above. Cannot get thru spinning Apple screen.

The only way I can get my Hack to work (well, kinda...) it's using UniBeast USB stick and booting with -f flag. This is not big deal for me, but not practical...

My mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6850
RAM: Corsair Vengence Blu 1600Mhz DDR3 (8GB)

Any ideas will be appreciated...

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU
Intel Core i7 2700K
Graphics
Intel HD3000 / Gigabyte GV-N660OC-2GD (GTX 660 OC)
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iMac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS

I installed Kozleks branch of FakeSMC + optional Kexts for sensors: https://github.com/kozlek/HWSensors

Not only can I now boot with the original 10.8.2 AppleACPIPlatform.kext, without having OemSMBIOS.kext throwing an error, but I also get much more information from my hardware sensors opposed to the original FlakeSMC-Plugins from Multibeast. Furthermore a serial number is generated for my machine (so no problems with iCloud and Appstore) and VT-d can stay enabled in BIOS!
Terrific! I gotta try...

Status
Not open for further replies.