Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
maroder, could you post a compiled version of kozleks smb kext ?

Phottus - September 19th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Everything else appears to be ok. Booted fine, and geek bench at 13,300 after update. (64 bit). No sound, but now I have USB 3.0 fresco ok
Successful update using built in updater. Config:

Gigabyte GA - X79-UD3
Core i7 3820
8GB DDR3 1333MHZ
Quadro 600 1GB
Apple cinema display 27@
2X2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM HDD

Article: OS X 10.8.2 Update

Played with this 10.8.2 thing five hours.... Tried all methods that are listed above. Cannot get thru spinning Apple screen.

The only way I can get my Hack to work (well, kinda...) it's using UniBeast USB stick and booting with -f flag. This is not big deal for me, but not practical...

My mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6850
RAM: Corsair Vengence Blu 1600Mhz DDR3 (8GB)

Any ideas will be appreciated...

I installed Kozleks branch of FakeSMC + optional Kexts for sensors: https://github.com/kozlek/HWSensors

Not only can I now boot with the original 10.8.2 AppleACPIPlatform.kext, without having OemSMBIOS.kext throwing an error, but I also get much more information from my hardware sensors opposed to the original FlakeSMC-Plugins from Multibeast. Furthermore a serial number is generated for my machine (so no problems with iCloud and Appstore) and VT-d can stay enabled in BIOS!
Terrific! I gotta try...

H61N-USB3, Mac OSX 10.8.2 work fine! At the beginning of "Troubleshooting" that followed. Thank you. :thumbup:

Hi, from Australia

CPU: Intel i7-2600K
Graphics: PowerColor ATI Radeon HD 5770
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68XP-D3, BIOS ver. F3
SSD: OCZ-Vertex 4

. Install of Mountain Lion update 10.8.2 (OSXUpdCombo10.8.2.dmg)
. Reboot to desktop.
. No sound, TRIM not enabled and slow boot time.
. Fixed sound by re-installing Realtek ALC889 Audio.
. Fixed TRIM by running Trim Enabler 2.2
. Fixed slow boot by installing IOAHCIFamily.kext from 10.8.1

tried kozlek plug-ins but in safe mode (the only I can boot) they doesn't install, and by simply replacing the AppleACPIPlatform.kext with the 10.8.1 one didn't fix my issue. I'm stuck on macx_swapon SUCCESS

After 24 hours of debugging, i am up and running on 10.8.2. The issue seems for me atleast was in installing the HW monitoring applications last time when i was at 10.8.1 using Mutlibeast 5.0.2. I had installed the following and so had to remove the following kexts (depending on what you installed using Multibeast) from S/L/E

if you have installed motherboard plugins from Mutlibeast delete:

ACPISensors.kext, IntelCPUMonitor.kext, OemSMBIOS.kext, ITEIT87x.kext, WinbondW836x.kext, FintekF718x.kext, NSCPC8739x.kext and NuvotonNCT677x.kext

If you have installed Nviidia GEForce Plugin please delete:

Installs NVClockX.kext FakeSMC plugin in /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns

If you have installed HWmonitor application please delete HWMonitor application from the app folder

I think it will be a good idea to reinstall Fakesmc from multibeast to avoid any plugins the monitors may have installed within fakesmc.kext in the past

I am not sure AppleACPIPlatform.kext is the issue as the 10.8.2 update does not seem to have touched that kext.

Rebuild kernelcache using kext utility and you should be set.

This worked for me at last! Although I did rollback AppleACPIPlatform.kext and AppleHDA.kext from 10.8.1, both of those had caused me problems before not sure if they are also part of the problem but I don't want to find out, repaired permissions, then installed the new update.
I also removed NullCPUPowerManagement.kext running a non-patched AppleIntelPowerManagement.kext, it seems to be very stable.

Asus Sabertooth z77 (patched Bios)
Corsair Vengence 1600Mhz DDR3 16gig
CPU: i7-3770k
Evga 580 GTX
SSD Sankisk 120gig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back