Contribute
Register

OS X 10.7 Lion: Download Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like we're all safe then! ^_^ The 10.6 DVDs should remain in stores and the Hackintosh community shouldn't have to worry.

It really depends on how the install process works. Honestly, we are going to have to wait until the GM goes live before anyone can say definitively that it's possible (or I should say, easy to upgrade without jacking up your existing system). I would highly advise anyone planning on attempting to upgrade in a few weeks, that if they don't have a backup drive that they to get one before the release. Fingers are crossed that the install process will be a breeze, but all is pretty much speculative until the final release.

It looks like according to "emails from steve jobs", they are going by your apple id, not your "serial number" per se.

Also, on a small unrelated note, I was looking at a video discussing the new Final Cut Pro X, and the person on the video is a professional; he mentions the date Lion will be available for download. I don't know why he did that, but I will say this: I think that what some people are waiting for a Gold Master before making an assumption will be pleasantly surprised that when it goes down, there will be no GM before it's released!

So, 10.6.8 is very very close!

chimera 1.4.1 works great :D , tony and macman thanks for chimera :headbang:

(lnx2mac's beta driver, awesome ) :clap:

Attachments

• imgres.jpeg
    imgres.jpeg
    9.1 KB · Views: 286
hacman said:
chimera 1.4.1 works great :D , tony and macman thanks for chimera :headbang:
+1 !

(lnx2mac's beta driver, awesome ) :clap:
Thanks !
And stay tuned for the new one... Countdown has already started ;)

The GM is out there. Go find it, use it and tell us what happened :mrgreen:

Peter R. said:
The GM is out there. Go find it, use it and tell us what happened :mrgreen:

:D :geek: :mrgreen:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-07-05 at 6.04.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-07-05 at 6.04.49 AM.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 255
Woohoo, my first post here!

Lion's out! Who's the first test dummy? How did it go? Was there a download only version?

You didn't hear it from me... ;)
In August, Lion will be available on a USB thumb drive through the Apple Online Store for $69 (U.S.).
This is what the Apple resellers are being told.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back