Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I installed the update, I get a Kernel panic relating to process "init"...

Update with no problem, my only concern is had always try to change to NVIDIA Web driver, in the NVIDIA Driver Manager, without success, after reset it is always come back to OS X Default Graphic Driver.
Does anybody know why? I have GTX 970 4GB.
A have nvda_drv=1 and GraphicsEnabler= NO , in Clover Configurator
BTW All other softwares see and use the Graphic Card.

Updated from App Store with no problems. Sound is working after update (used 100 Series Audio and RealtekALC1150 in MB). Skylake build.

Updated from App Store, Combo Update & Unibeast USB and doesn' t work.
Boot with inject Nvidia goes black screen when it asks the user password, with inject Nvidia, always black screen, and safe mode doesn´t boot, get the error

Error Loading kernel cache (0x9)
Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting...

In a boot flag nv_disable=1 freeze in the apple.

where is the problem and I can do.

I have Core i5 3330 and GT-730 4Gb, sound card is external.

In 10.11.1 all works fine except de GT-730 only recognize 2Gb

Upgrade worked, just had to boot into single user mode and reset kernel extensions for the NVIDIA card as usual.

In case you need it:

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist
was changed back to original setting for the iMac15,1 and I had to modify it to get my video back

Link to fixit.sh script, just in case anyone needs it.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/174339-anyone-using-imac-15-1-4790k-z97x-nvidia-graphic-card-10-11-elcapitan.html

Quick Instructions:
1. Boot to single user mode
2. Mount read-write
3. Run script
4. Reboot

Updated from the App Store, had to reinstall graphics kexts on my lappy but she good!

I updated straight from 10.11.3 via the App Store (due to being scared to update to 10.11.4) and it worked perfectly. nv_disable=1 flag upon restart and then installing the new Nvidia drivers worked a treat. Sound and trim settings both survived. Don't know what I was so worried about ;).

Combo update fine here for the Z170 build in signature.

1. Run combo installer
2. Boot with nv_disable=1
3. Install latest NVIDIA drivers
4. Boot with nv_disable=1
5. Run AGDPFix app (to fix black screen bug with 6,1 and 15,1 and 17,1 definitions)
6. Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back