Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this same board as well. In order to get this update to work, I had to put the hard drive in a windows 10 PC, mount the EFI partition, delete OsxAptioFixDrv and replace it with OsxAptioFix2Drv.

Everything works well now including audio, trim, USB.

The boot is not very very slow ?

had to do the delete OsxAptioFixDrv and replace it with OsxAptioFix2Drv thing as well. otherwise no problem.

Read all of the posts on here before downloading the Combo update, done a full carbon copy cloner backup to another drive, updated clover, rebooted to ensure that was working ok. and then did a time machine backup, removed the osxaptiodrvfix-64 from sufi drivers in clover folder, and replaced it with the osxaptiodrv2fix-64, repaired disk permissions and rebuilt kext cache.

I removed the Nvidia Drivers and rebooted to see if all was ok before installing the Combo update. after it installs and reboots i cannot get past first second or so off boot, I've ensured i use nv_disable=1 in clover arguments, I've tried verbose, verbose and single user mode, tied disabling caches and kexts.. and even booting from my osx/clover install usb. nothing works.

I am getting similar results to a few others on here, it seems to be about the osxaptiodrvfix (i already have replaced v1 with v2) as i get a error message about error allocating 0x11d31 pages at 0x0XXXX alloc type 2, couldn't allocate runtime area.

Hardware wise its a pair of samsung evo 850s, 2 x GTX 970, Skylake i5 6600k and Gigabyte GA170X-UD5 TH. Latest version of non beta bios and latest clover.

I really don't want to be re-installing this all from scratch again. anybody got any ideas? none I've read thus far other that the replace v1 with v2 usbaptiodrvfix seem that relevant. and I've already done this with no luck.

Like Cerberus73, my install is hosed after this update. trying now to clone the drive to an SSD from the M2 to see if it's the nvme that's causing the problem. Really would love to not have to install the whole thing again either, will post in the desktop support forum and hopefully someone has some ideas.

Hardware wise its a pair of samsung evo 850s, 2 x GTX 970, Skylake i5 6600k and Gigabyte GA170X-UD5 TH. Latest version of non beta bios and latest clover.

I really don't want to be re-installing this all from scratch again. anybody got any ideas? none I've read thus far other that the replace v1 with v2 usbaptiodrvfix seem that relevant. and I've already done this with no luck.

Hmm, not really sure but i mean i've read somewhere here, you have to disable FixAPIC in Clover...Skylake is supported with last the Update.

Followed the steps from link in post #125, updated via App store with no issues. No need to reinstall audio/trim etc.

What amazed me in this update is that, Handoff is back! It worked in 11.2 prior, but 11.3 broke it. Now it is back!

Rehabman, could you take a look at NVMeGeneric.kext and the 10.11.4 update and see if there's any .kexts I could downgrade to restore functionality?

I have this same board as well. In order to get this update to work, I had to put the hard drive in a windows 10 PC, mount the EFI partition, delete OsxAptioFixDrv and replace it with OsxAptioFix2Drv.

Everything works well now including audio, trim, USB.

I have the same exact motherboard with a GTX 770 installed (using native OS X drivers) in it, and up to this point it's been rock solid with 10.11.x (prior to 10.11.x) using OsxAptioFixDrv. Since I installed 10.11.4, I had to move over to OsxAptioFix2Drv to enable it to even boot.

While it does boot sometimes, it's proven to be completely unreliable now and fails more than it boots. Once it's booted, everything works (trim, audio, graphics, etc.)

I suspect it's a config problem if others are booting with this motherboard without problems. The issue I'm see (like others) is random though - sometimes it's "Error Loading Kernel Cache", other times it's "error allocating pages". I suspect it's Graphics card related, but not sure what to do about it (again, not running the nvidia drivers.)

BIOS is configured as recommended (although, I'm using UEFI to boot instead of legacy.) Also, I'm using the latest build of clover 3368 (no boot options are defined and I'm not injecting anything for graphics other than for Intel.)

Any ideas? Suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Having issues getting the nvidia web driver working with 10.11.4 (using the web driver for this new version) changed the Config2 to none, but booting with nvda_drv=1 results in me booting to blank screen.
During my booting phase in verbose I get this type of output, never seen anything like it. and google is.. not very forthcoming either. Does anyone know how to fix this?
What you can try if you have multiple Volume connecting, disconnect them just leave only your ElCapitan Volume then boot it and see if it boot up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back