Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having issues getting the nvidia web driver working with 10.11.4 (using the web driver for this new version) changed the Config2 to none, but booting with nvda_drv=1 results in me booting to blank screen.
During my booting phase in verbose I get this type of output, never seen anything like it. and google is.. not very forthcoming either. Does anyone know how to fix this?

after further investigation it appears my /var/log/system.log is littered with:

Mar 23 12:38:58 nineofnine kernel[0]: MT=>Free:bEndMLMEEvent = 0, bEndControlEvent = 0, bEndBulkOutDataEvent = 0, bEndDequeuePacketEvent = 0, bEndLoadFWEvent = 1, bOnAsicSwitchChannel = 0, bOnMlmeHandler = 0
Mar 23 12:39:28 --- last message repeated 5198 times ---

does anyone know how to fix this? I have no idea where it comes from (well i guess the kernel)

EDIT: Figured it out, its my wifi dongle driver: RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext that is responsible. Guess its time I get a proper wifi card..

Upgraded here from 10.11.3 to 10.11.4, looking good! No issues. Downloaded from app store, rebooted, ran with nv_disable=1 on first boot, installed upgraded nvidia graphics drivers for my GTX960. Simple.

Wondering if this will fix some smaller issues I had on 3, but time will tell.

a clean install of 10.11.4
cant login imeesage and facetime
spam Certificate not yet generated in console

HELP!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

AUDIO GET DISTORTED under iTunes after 3 minutes of playing ... after having upgraded to 11.4 !!!

tried re-applying Toleda patch --> nothing!
tried revert to 11.3 AppleHDA --> nothing!
tried removing CodecCommander --> nothing!

Audio is NOT distorted in youtube under Safari, though. Machine in signature ... GA Z170X Gaming 5 .

Yup having this issue as well, same mobo

I updated with only one issue. Weird one that happened to me last update too. I have a dual link DVI monitor with 2560 x 2048 resolution. It initially boots into black screen with cursor. If I remote into it I get the login screen and then after first reboot, all is good. I am using Chrome remote desktop to log in from my laptop. Other than that, all good so far.

Jules

My system is using the Z97X-UD7 TH motherboard. The last two updates worked flawlessly, this one (as reported by others) gave me problems. I had to restore from a cloned drive. Going to try again soon with OsxAptioFix2Drv installed as recommended by others. Although, I used the OsxAptioFix2Drv driver in the past and (again as mentioned by some previous commenters) it boots sometimes, and not others. We'll see what happens.

I have this same board as well. In order to get this update to work, I had to put the hard drive in a windows 10 PC, mount the EFI partition, delete OsxAptioFixDrv and replace it with OsxAptioFix2Drv.

Everything works well now including audio, trim, USB.

My AppleHDA.kext Info.plist does contain
Code:
<key>com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily</key>
<string>1.2.0a1</string>
<key>com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily</key>
<string>1.1</string>
in the OSBundledLibraries dictionary.

Output from kextcahe:

Code:
[brianmitchell@terra ~]$ kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
You must be running as root to update system kext caches.
[brianmitchell@terra ~]$ sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
Password:
kext file:///Library/Extensions/CmUSBMassStorage.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDALoader.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AppleHDA892.kext

Check AppleHDA892.kext and AppleHDALoader.kext.

Maybe you installed multiple audio solutions at some point ...

pokeperla21:

What ELSE is needed in the clover config to permit 'Inject intel' = FALSE without kernel panic? That has never worked for me. Not this whole time.

This is my finding from previous version ----> #132

This is my Clover config.plist:

https://gist.github.com/dreamcat4/30453ad3050c64ca9966

When I try to disable 'Inject Intel' --> false. Then it results in a kernel panic at boot time (and after this newest 10.11.4 update).

Anyone please help.

I did nothing, I just installed OS X 10.11.4 and everything worked perfectly. I have an Intel Core i3 6100 and a Gigabyte B150M-D3H-GSM

Updated wit the Mac App store. Everything works out of the box.

Before I updated to 10.11.4, I updated clover configurator to the latest version (4.27.0), updated multi beast to 8.1, installed my ALC1150, 3rd Party SATA, eSATA and the intel AHCI SATA and both USB 3.0 Drivers. Finally, I deleted the OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI.
(the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi was already there, so I didn't have to copy it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back