Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
OS X 10.11.3 Update (Muliti-Beast Issues?)

I did the update yesterday on my z97n-wifi and the update worked perfectly. Even NVIDIA driver prompted for an update and got it going great.

Problem: I do not think MultiBeast is working correctly. At least after the 10.11.3 update it isn't. At least not for me. I went in and did a new clover configuration while on 10.11.3 for testing (which i should just left alone) and after saving and updating and restarting, the EUFI menu did not boot! Something happened in the clover configuration that disabled it from booting.

Attempt 1: I went in and set the NV_DISABLE=1 and was able to successfully load OS X 10.11.3, I than uninstalled NVIDIA drivers and restarted, again nv disable, than reinstalled NVIDIA driver 346.03.05b02 for 10.11.3 and once again booted, still ignoring the EUFI partition, still no fix.

Attempt 2: Tried going into my dual-boot legacy version of windows 10 and tried mounting the efi partition to try to rectify the issue and updated clover config file back to before I did the new multi-beast setup for testing and all mounting attempts failed as 'mountvol S: /s' was giving mounting errors (cannot mount drive) with that or any letter assigned.

Attempt 3: After tearing my hair off a bit I finally realized that the system keeps "EFI BACKUPS!" :banghead: So i just logged back on to the mac side w/ nv_disable=1 and deleted entire EFI folder and replaced it w/ the EFI backup from a previous day prior to setting up MultiBeast. Boom problem solved.

Concluding that maybe MultiBeast El Capitan 8.0.1 needs updating as I do not wish to try to that again. I'm also using iMac 14.2 given i'm using a 980Ti sc

~ cheers

Updated via app store.
Rebooted without using nv_disable=1 flag and osX told me it was using the default driver so I installed the new Nvidia driver, rebooted and all was back to normal.
So it should now be possible to update without using the nv_disable=1 boot flag.

:headbang:

Haven't bothered with that flag for the last two updates, it boots up just fine anyway :)

I am able to send messages to some numbers and only sometime. It's kind of random. FaceTime works fine.

I have a similar issue. Yesterday I was working on my home DNS server and I unintentionally left it misconfigured and it would only resolve a few DNS queries (I have no idea what those were) but today iMessage worked perfectly but only until I fixed my DNS server. Now it doesn't work again..
On the other hand I can receive calls from my phone on my computer and call people as well. But that also doesn't work perfectly and the call fails after 10-20 seconds.
Maybe blocking certain DNS hosts could solve the issues?

After updating to 10.11.3 I have problems with Photoshop CC2015. When you work with layers, appear pixel artifacts. Probably error in the graphics card driver.

OK, update Photoshop CC2015 has done that! That means, the problem is gone.

I have a similar issue. Yesterday I was working on my home DNS server and I unintentionally left it misconfigured and it would only resolve a few DNS queries (I have no idea what those were) but today iMessage worked perfectly but only until I fixed my DNS server. Now it doesn't work again..
On the other hand I can receive calls from my phone on my computer and call people as well. But that also doesn't work perfectly and the call fails after 10-20 seconds.
Maybe blocking certain DNS hosts could solve the issues?

It could be. It worked fine immediately after applying the update, but then it started to have hiccups and now iMessage on this specific rig doesn't work at all anymore (works with SMS messages though through the iPhone). I have changed the DNS entries on my side for Netflix (what else?) but it's for the entire network. So you may be right - perhaps it's a combination of DNS and system definition. The other 2 CustoMacs I have work fine, no problem. It's just this MacPro 6,1 rig that chokes. It used to work perfectly on Yosemite (with the same DNS entries) and I have not changed the serial no. or any other system definition parameters. Really weird. Just to clarify, the other 2 CustoMacs have an iMac system definition.

I didn't do nothing, so try to install again multibeast with alc1150 selected. if you don't find any solution say me and I'll pass you my config.plist

Thanks from Spain

EDIT:sorry now i have seen that you solved your problem with your audio, yeeahh

It's just this MacPro 6,1 rig that chokes. It used to work perfectly on Yosemite (with the same DNS entries) and I have not changed the serial no. or any other system definition parameters. Really weird. Just to clarify, the other 2 CustoMacs have an iMac system definition.

I am using the iMac 14,2 definition on my Haswell-build but I had the standard Mac Pro 3,2 definition before that and it didn't work either back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back