Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GT 740
After updating I get a black screen, everything was working before... I'm using a gtx 760, default os X drivers. Please somebody help, thanks.

UPDATE:
I got it working now, it was because I was using the iMac 15.1, so I have changed the smbios in the clover loader to iMac 14,2, then I switched again to the 15.1 and did the, step of problem 4 again http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/161256-solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.html and I got it working now!

Samekas, could you explain step by step where did you changed the Product Name in Clover? I'm having the same issue. I have 15,1 and I was going to change it using the Clover Configurator. Thank you!

My video card is the EVGA GT 740 SC. I was able to login back with nv_disable=1 and downloaded the nvidia web drivers but when I restarted I get the black screen again.

Update:
I didn't have to change it to 14,2. I just follow the steps of problem 4, rebooted and it's working again. Thank you :D

Motherboard
Gigabyte ga-z97x gaming 3
CPU
i5 4460
Graphics
Gigabyte 750 ti OC
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
updated to 10.11.3. with a gpu gigabyte 750 ti OC. Not necessary boot with nv_disable=1. When the installation is installed only the NVIDIA app says that you have an update, click Update and all is fine
Imessage = working
auido alc1150=working
ethernet es 2022 = working

thanks

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97M-D3H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 960
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Updated without a hitch through the Mac App Store. Did not even need to download the Nvidia driver in advance or use nv_disable=1. As soon as it booted into the OS I received a message to download the new driver. Everything works as before.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 TH2
CPU
Intel Core i7-4790K 4.40 GHz
Graphics
GeForce GTX 660Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Updated directly from Apple Store; no problems at all! I was prompted to install a new nividia driver, installed it, restarted, and everything was still ok. The easiest update I have ever done. Thanks to all of you for making this possible.

Motherboard
Asus EeePC 1005HA
CPU
Intel Atom 1.67GHz
Graphics
Intel Gxxx
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Updated via the combo dmg, restarted into working installation with everything as it was (so far) including Nvidia web drivers. Possibly the least troublesome OS X update I've done, ever. Maybe asking for trouble by saying that, but it was an actual pleasure to do this one.

I wish all those who choose the combo update path the same experience I had.

All the best, community.

Cheers,
VFR_P

Motherboard
Z490 Designare
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
Vega 64
updated to 10.11.3. with a gpu gigabyte 750 ti OC. Not necessary boot with nv_disable=1. When the installation is installed only the NVIDIA app says that you have an update, click Update and all is fine
Imessage = working
auido alc1150=working
ethernet es 2022 = working

thanks

What are you using for your ALC1150? This update broke mine, MultiBeast patch and Toleda patch didn't fix. Can you help?

Edit: NVM, solved the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.