Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
So everything went fine yesterday.

Today sleep is not working and it did yesterday and always before. Monitor turns off, computer remains running.

First time ever. I have never had a sleep/wake problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

After updating my skylake hack to 10.11.3 my monitor would go to sleep, as described in

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/161256-solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.html
Problem 4: Monitor goes to sleep at the end of the boot sequence when using iMac15,1 or iMac17,1 or MacPro 6,1 system definition

I had to boot with nv_disable=1 and reapply the fix. Maybe this can be done automatically using a clover replace?

build:
Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5
i7-6700K
GTX 960

I'm seeing graphical glitches as well, but I'm on an earlier version of Adobe. I was able to temprarily fix PS by taking off the graphics support in the settings, but I can't fix AI.

Annoying to say the least.

PS 6 seems to be not affected. I have PS 2015 updated. But it is only somewhat improved. If you work longer and shifts the levels, these errors there are again. Currently do not know any solution. I'll do a second partition with 10.11.2. And the 11.3 will be testing partition.

OS X 10.11.3 update (Z68 Fatality pro gen3)

Working - updated and checked everything. System is working as before, including TRIM and USB3. Nvidia has already updated the drivers for OSX 10.11.3.

USB3 is working on one (extra PCIe Card) of my six USB3 ports (as before this update)

Regards

Updated through App store.
Everything seems fine. USB3 & Sound - no problems :)

I'm seeing graphical glitches as well, but I'm on an earlier version of Adobe. I was able to temprarily fix PS by taking off the graphics support in the settings, but I can't fix AI.

Annoying to say the least.

OK, I have probably the solution. The Beta: WebDriver-346.03.05b02.pkg, improved the problem! After an hour of tests i have not found any graphical glitches.

>>> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...river-updates-for-el-capitan-update-01202016/

Yes, beta is better! 3h test.

How do you have audio on your 950? It's killing me trying to get mine to work. Tears before bedtime each night.

Perfect.
Updated via app store.
Rebooted without using nv_disable=1 flag and osX told me it was using the default driver so I installed the new Nvidia driver, rebooted and all was back to normal.
So it should now be possible to update without using the nv_disable=1 boot flag.
Thanks.

I seem to be alone in being the only person who has had problem with this upgrade. I had an audio problem, so I had to partially disable SIP. I left SIP partially disabled, which I am starting to think is what caused the faulty upgrade.

During the upgrade, my computer restarted once, and gave me the message "your computer was restarted because of a problem screen." Now when I try and boot into 10.11.3, I got the loading bar, and then I get the spinning logo which spins around once or twice, disappears for a little bit, and then the spinning logo reappears again. It will continue this cycle endlessly. Any ideas what is going on?

If I need to post my problem on a different thread, I could do that too, but since there's a lot of activity on this thread, I was hoping I could get some help.

I seem to be alone in being the only person who has had problem with this upgrade. I had an audio problem, so I had to partially disable SIP. I left SIP partially disabled, which I am starting to think is what caused the faulty upgrade.

During the upgrade, my computer restarted once, and gave me the message "your computer was restarted because of a problem screen." Now when I try and boot into 10.11.3, I got the loading bar, and then I get the spinning logo which spins around once or twice, disappears for a little bit, and then the spinning logo reappears again. It will continue this cycle endlessly. Any ideas what is going on?

If I need to post my problem on a different thread, I could do that too, but since there's a lot of activity on this thread, I was hoping I could get some help.

False alarm! Booted with nv_disable=1, installed the NVidia driver, and now I'm okay!! Everything running fine so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back