Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
MSI z87-g43 gaming, 4670k, 16Gb, GTX680

No problems with update via App Store, but after update, sound is not working. ALC1150. I tried to run alc-110 commandline script, but it say: "Audio ID: 4 is not supported, continue (y/n): "
I tried y, and after it was done, still no sound.

It worked earlier in Yosemite and El Capitan 10.11.

Any ideas?

EDIT: It's working now. Restored native AppleHDA.kext, removed hdaenabler.kext and installed VoodooHDA kext.

I saw your post, but I wasn't sure where those kexts are hiding? I tried the find command multiple layers deep (find */*/*/ [etc] *.kext) but there were a lot to sort through.. I'll grep it to find the path now that I know the name of the file specifically. Thanks!

They're in SLE.

I'm not finding that file on my system after uninstalling, could you point me to the path so I can double check?

They would all be in SLE, but if they're not there then the uninstalled did remove them. It didn't with mine so I had to manually remove them.

Could somebody who has updated, please post the kext version number from the AppleHDA Info.plist file? Then I can more easily search for a patched version, for my ALC235 (not supported by the CloverALC or Toleda patcher scripts).

For instance, on 10.11.0 (AppleHDA 272.50) I am able to use the ALC235 file here: https://github.com/Mirone/AppleHDA_10.11/tree/master/Laptop's

I'll make it super easy! Somebody mind running this command in terminal and post the output:

Code:
grep -1 BundleVersion /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Info.plist | tail -n 1

Thanks!

I'll make it super easy! Somebody mind running this command in terminal and post the output:

Code:
<string>272.50.31</string>

Updated from app store without a problem.

Hi, I've updated from AppStore and everything is work fine. For the WebDrivers and until a new version is available, you can edit the Info.plist file in /S/L/E/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Content and change the following key:
<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
<string>15A284</string>

to:
<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
<string>15B42</string>

then, using the Terminal:
# sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
# sudo kextcache -system-caches

Also, if depending of your SystemId (Mac15,1 in my case), you need to reedit the Info.plist from /S/L/E/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents
Changing the value from:
<key>Mac-42FD25EABCABB274</key>
<string>Config2</string>

to:
<key>Mac-42FD25EABCABB274</key>
<string>none</string>

Good luck!

I updated via App Store before the Nvidia web drivers were updated. After installing new web drivers, I was only able to boot via nv_disable=1, but still had graphics issues. This resolved it.

Code:
<string>272.50.31</string>

Thank you. Since it's only second minor version changed, I went ahead and updated, and tried the same patched version I had before, which seemed to work fine. Furthermore, I found a tool to compare the binary file in Contents/MacOS, and in combination with a recursive diff that was enough to apply the same patch I was using before to this new AppleHDA version. Even though I have no idea the actual meaning of the changes. Still working well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back