Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated to 10.11.1 from AppStore. No issues, everything's working fine on my 2 machines:

GA-X58A-UD7 Clover r3280
HP Z400 Enoch r2773

Can confirm that this is a problem for me as well. Downloaded the newest Nvidia drivers for 10.11.1, installed, and the computer does what is described as above. Had to manually remove the Nvidia web drivers for this to work correctly. Looks like only the built in drivers will work for now on my system.

:rolleyes:
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SOC Force with Geforce GTX 770 and GeForce GT 610

Updated from 10.11.0
Clover 3292

I recommend adding a note on the OP advising users to uninstall the Nvidia web drivers (and manually remove any remaining NVDA*Web kexts) prior to updating to 10.11.1.

What made me happy is the resolved issue in this update for audio plug-ins. If you're a music producer/engineer, then you'll be happy to hear that. My main issue currently is not having a working USB 3.0 port on my HP ProBook 4530S when using El Capitan. I may try an ExpressCard 34mm adapter with two USB 3.0 ports on it, though. Someone on Amazon.com said they got it to work in Yosemite with a kext from MultiBeast, so hopefully it will work in El Capitan as well.

Here's the ExpressCard adapter I'm considering: http://www.amazon.com/GMYLE®-ExpressCard-34mm-Adapter-Dual/dp/B0045BLP1S/

Hope that helps those who have the same issue as me. If you've tried this card and had success in El Capitan, please let me know.

Thanks.

Hi Rapproducer714,

If this usb 3.0 thing is really holding you back there might be cheap esata solutions for you to get a nice speed bump over other alternatives like firewire 400/800 or usb 2.0. Specs for expresscard esata are up to 3.0 gb/s but I can't say if it actually hits that mark.

I'm also glad you posted that and I will probably order the card too if it you get it working so that I can have an expresscard usb 3.0 option. Saw the card below on ebay for $6... same card number BC628 but maybe different chipset than amazon one you found.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Express...551396?hash=item3d00a0eca4:g:wXwAAOSwd0BVzEJv

anyway, cheers for your post!

Update was a no go for me.. System details on the left. Basically, it works great except that I have no display out! I can SSH in, Plex and iTunes (using a remote app on my phone) are working fine, and I even see that Time Machine backups were completing.

The only way I could get the display to work was with nv_disable=1. I booted and updated the NVidia alternate drivers (which I don't need for my card, but use), and had the same issue occurring. So I again booted with nv_disable and uninstalled the Nvidia drivers through the control panel uninstaller. Rebooted and....same issue.

Currently in the middle of an estimated 5 hour Time Machine rollback.

When I tried to boot my recovery partition with nv_disable, I got a gray screen. When I also set to GraphicsEnabler=No, then I got a gray screen with the spinning beach ball and nothing else. However, when I used Clover from the original USB installer created using Tony's El Capitan install guide, recovery booted fine. It sounds like I have some flags messed up in my Clover config, but it was working fine on 10.11.0!

I'm rolling back now so that I can use my system, but I'll tackle the update again over the weekend if anyone has any ideas on what I might need to tweak? Maybe just uninstalling the Nvidia drivers before upgrading will do it. I'll report back!

EDIT: I'll point out that I disabled the onboard graphics in my motherboard setup, if that could have anything to do with this..

Last edited:
App Store update worked for me. Changed boot order in bios somehow though.

Update was a no go for me.. System details on the left. Basically, it works great except that I have no display out! I can SSH in, Plex and iTunes (using a remote app on my phone) are working fine, and I even see that Time Machine backups were completing.

The only way I could get the display to work was with nv_disable=1. I booted and updated the NVidia alternate drivers (which I don't need for my card, but use), and had the same issue occurring. So I again booted with nv_disable and uninstalled the Nvidia drivers through the control panel uninstaller. Rebooted and....same issue.

Currently in the middle of an estimated 5 hour Time Machine rollback.

When I tried to boot my recovery partition with nv_disable, I got a gray screen. When I also set to GraphicsEnabler=No, then I got a gray screen with the spinning beach ball and nothing else. However, when I used Clover from the original USB installer created using Tony's El Capitan install guide, recovery booted fine. It sounds like I have some flags messed up in my Clover config, but it was working fine on 10.11.0!

I'm rolling back now so that I can use my system, but I'll tackle the update again over the weekend if anyone has any ideas on what I might need to tweak? Maybe just uninstalling the Nvidia drivers before upgrading will do it. I'll report back!

EDIT: I'll point out that I disabled the onboard graphics in my motherboard setup, if that could have anything to do with this..

I basically had the same issue. See my post here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/os-x-updates/173245-os-x-10-11-1-update-3.html#post1131305 There may still be Nvidia kexts in SLE that are getting loaded even with nv_disable=1. Also make sure you remove NVDAStartup.kext, which I had to do twice before it was actually removed while in single user mode.

So I just updated through the Appstore. After restart OSX won't boot using Clover bootloader..

I tried to see what was going on in verbose mode but then it stops right at

root Device UID *********************************************

Then the pc restarts... no other errors to know what exactly is causing this...

I have the same issue with my laptop currently. Have you tried booting from the install USB and in safe mode? Something in the smbios was stopping me from installing el Capitan in the first place so that might be an issue again. I think I had to use iMac14,2 initially. I haven't been home to mess around with it yet though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back